Author Topic: Vera V1 ZWave stick not recognized  (Read 1672 times)

Domodude

Vera V1 ZWave stick not recognized
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:45:20 am »
Hi all,
Just installed a dianemo 10.10 (but might as well be vanilla lmce I think), and I am having some trouble getting my zwave stick to get recognized. It is one of the black ones with the MiCasaVera V1. The blue led slowly blinks. A quick lsusb gives me:
Code: [Select]
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x Composite Device
The PC sees the hardware.
Other hardware in the system (based on an M3N78 board): PVR350, microsoft bluetooth (works fine), USB-UIRT, two NICs. The internal NIC is in the current testing phase not connected, but that should not matter I'd say. NFS share for NAS, which is currently on external NIC (and so does not work) but this will change.
I am not sure where to go now. /var/log/pluto/pluto.log does not mention anything when I plug in the stick. Where should I look? Or better still, does anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks
Mark

Domodude

Re: Vera V1 ZWave stick not recognized
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:38:48 pm »
Update from earlier mail:
I exchanged the MCV V1 stick for a tricklestar EU, but no cigar. Very strange.  ???
This stick, too, is recognized by the hardware. Feels like something is not running, when it should!
Mark

BTW The Merten USB Zwave stick is not recognized but no surprise there.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:19:06 am »
I have the Aeon stick, ... just got it.  I also have a Micasaverde Vera (intended to be the master controller). Do you have any other z-wave master controller?
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

Domodude

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »
I have the Merten stick which can transfer control to a switch, and the micasaverde.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:52:39 pm »
I have no idea regarding dianemo but both sticks (tricklestar and aeon labs) should work without issues in LMCE,

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »
You're saying you HAVE a micasaverde, or just Merten stick (and that it's capable of transfering control to a micasaverde)??? I'm unsure what you mean...

I know that in 10.04, the Aeon stick is recognized, and when you run the automation wizard it asks yo to set your z-wave master to transfer it's scenes/devices to the LinuxMCE stick... I haven't yet because I wanted to set a few scenes on the MCV box for easy control...

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

Domodude

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »
Hi,
I have all of a Merten stick, MCV, and Tricklestar. None of these work in my install. lsusb shows them, so the system properly sees them. But LMCE/Dianemo does not. That is strange, at least for the MCV and tricklestar....
Cheers
Mark

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »
Just a shot in the dark,... and it's probably not the problem,... but it's worth eliminating it as a cause,... but are you connecting directly or through a USB hub (powered by AC adapter or unpowered)??? Another process of elimination step is to ask if you're using a USB extension cable and if so, how long of one.  Once you eliminate any physical cause, then it's software.

BTW, I'm using 10.04 and it detects the extra Aeon stick (my Vera is a Vera 1, that has the external Aeon Labs stick) just fine when plugged in, as it does with other supported USB devices.  Do USB drives auto-detect when plugged in???

Domodude

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:02 pm »
Thanks, but no, directly plugged in. It's also from a V1. I wasn't sure if the stick was detected, but with 'lsusb' I know that the computer sees it.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:37:46 pm »
Then it could be the udev rules or whatever scripts or apps dianemo uses.

Again, do other USB devices auto-detect???

Domodude

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »
Good point. I do not have many USB devices other than the odd DVD drive, some Z-wave sticks and a USB-UIRT. An a M$ Bluetooth stick, which was properly recognized and installed (kinda rules out a generic PNP problem). Now should this USB-UIRT get auto-detected? Please forgive my ignorance, it's been quite a while!  ;)

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:10 am »
Under LMCE 10.04 it should be autodetected, but you're using Dianemo 10.10,... and I don't know what changes they introduced. Have you tried adding it manually through the Web Admin page???

Domodude

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »
Nope never done that with a ZWave adapter. I could I suppose....

Domodude

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »
Just added manually, do I enter a COM port? I get to choose PCI-something-or-the-other, or COM1. Or, ttyS_56_0, but I think that is the virtual one for the GC100.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
I have to look how my extra Aeon Labs stick shows up when I get home...