Author Topic: RAID 1 created via admin GUI behaving unexpectedly  (Read 3205 times)

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
RAID 1 created via admin GUI behaving unexpectedly
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »
I used LinuxMCE's admin interface to create a RAID 1 set out of two 1 TB drives: /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdc1.

After LinuxMCE created the array, /dev/md0, formatted the drive and synchronized the array, I rebooted the core.  After the reboot, /dev/md0 was nowhere to be seen.  Instead, I saw /dev/md_d1.  In addition, LinuxMCE's admin page for RAID reported the array as having failed.

I stopped /dev/md_d1, and assembled /dev/md0.  /dev/md1 was back online with no errors or other issues.  The data on it was accessible again at the same location LinuxMCE had set up after auto detecting it the first time around.

I tried another reboot with the same results.

After fixing it by hand again, I took a peek at mdadm.conf and found it didn't have an entry for the array.  Why?  :: cries ::

One additional piece of info: even though the array is active and synchronized, LinuxMCE's admin page is reporting only /dev/sdb1 to be present.  If I look at the "Advanced" details for the array, the "No of disks" field has "1".

Something obviously didn't go right during the creation.  How can I fix this?

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: RAID 1 created via admin GUI behaving unexpectedly
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:09 pm »
Soooo...no one has encountered this in 10.04?  Should I just recreate the RAID? 

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: RAID 1 created via admin GUI behaving unexpectedly
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »
Is md RAID in LinuxMCE unreliable?