Author Topic: Android Scenario Widget  (Read 8045 times)

apagg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Android Scenario Widget
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:42:41 pm »
This is something I am working on if you are brave you might want to test it out:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Scenario_Widget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q08Csj4SWrQ

Edit: I have uploaded a new .apk. If you have installed an earlier version you need to uninstall that first.

apagg
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:26:02 pm by apagg »

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Android Scenario Widget
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »
Cool!

Im going to be checking this out later on today

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:20 pm »
very interesting!!!

Now I try this.

Emanuele

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:19 pm »
 :o
I just wanted to say. I was looking for something like this for a while. The ability to simply pull up my phone to work the lights in my house, without the need for an orbiter, is truely amazing.

I have already made 2 Desktops full of widgets on my android phone, one for upper level of my home, and one for the lower level of my home.

And my 10.1 inch Archos tablet. Forget about it. I have 2 full screens of widgets on that one, again one for the upper level and one for the lower level.

Amazing stuff here.

Outstanding work.

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »
Great! Only disadvantage is that only one scenario button can be placed per widget "slot", limiting the number of buttons per screen.

Just daydreaming here...

Multiple scenario-buttons integrated into a single widget element. Layout of the scenario buttons within the container widget is controlled within the widget config. An easy WYSIWYG customizable UI.

apagg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
Thanks for the nice comments.

davegravy
I don't thing there is room for more than one button per widget element. One widget element takes up the same space as one normal android application icon, or were you thinking of something else?

Regards
Andreas

apagg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »
I have updated the .apk in the first post

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:51 am »
It looks very cool & and very promising...

I'll have to check it out...

Question: Have you considered putting any security (password) on the lock Widgets???

The reason I ask is that I have a Micasaverde Vera, and am ordering a second Aeon Labs Z-wave adapter, to make LinuxMCE a secondary controller to the Vera (the Vera has a service to control it from the Web for free). The Android app I use for that (Home Buddy) really has no security. You'd have to lock the app with one of those app locking applications to secure it. They don't always work so great.

Another suggestion is to look at the Android app, Smart Shortcuts, for ideas, or even going with making your app create actual app icons, rather than Widgets on the desktop, so the can be put inside a Smart Shortcut widget,  sort of like a menu...

But Keep up the good work. I'll be sure to check it out some more.

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:47:00 am »
Thanks for the nice comments.

davegravy
I don't thing there is room for more than one button per widget element. One widget element takes up the same space as one normal android application icon, or were you thinking of something else?

Regards
Andreas

It could just be my version of Android, but on my Transformer Prime (ICS) there are a few widgets which consume more than one "slot". The weather widget I have consumes 12 slots (3 x 4).

Here's my existing: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30586759/My%20homescreen.png

And an exaggerated concept of what a 3x4 widget with multiple buttons inside might look like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30586759/multiple%20buttons%20within%203x4%20widget.png

I have no idea if the android widget platform actually allows this kind of thing.

apagg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 09:00:52 am »
And an exaggerated concept of what a 3x4 widget with multiple buttons inside might look like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30586759/multiple%20buttons%20within%203x4%20widget.png

I have no idea if the android widget platform actually allows this kind of thing.

This is doable, and I see that might work on a tablet. However it is not a priority for me I want to keep this as simple as possible for the moment.

PS! if you want to try your self feel free. Android is Java and all the layout is done in xml

Regards
Andreas

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »
This is doable, and I see that might work on a tablet. However it is not a priority for me I want to keep this as simple as possible for the moment.

PS! if you want to try your self feel free. Android is Java and all the layout is done in xml

Regards
Andreas

Cool. Glad to hear it's possible  ;)

LennyB

• View Profile
    • Box-Admin
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »
Just set this up and it is a really good mate keep it up.  :)
The key to killing two birds with one stone is: A big stone and small birds