Author Topic: [SOLVED] VNC to the core?  (Read 11016 times)

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] VNC to the core?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:31 pm »
Jill... if you havent already... open up a new thread for the HDMI audio... there were others having problems... search the forums too!

Great that you're figuring things out though...

Dennis

jill

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 06:48:03 pm »
i will if it kicks my butt long enough XD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:19:33 am by jill »

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 11:56:37 pm »
Jill,

Are you using 810 or 1004???

I suggest 1004 if you have hardware issues. Ubuntu 10.04 is a solid distro with a good amount of hardware support. Ubuntu 8.10 is OLD...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

jill

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 01:21:16 am »
810 im holding off on 1004 for the whole house till its farther along but ill be testing it virtualy when i get this going problem is im useing what was laying around if i bought MD that i knew were compatable wouldnt be so tricky
XD Old? was still in beta a year ago guess goes to show how fast things change, not to mention this kinda scared me away from hooking it to the house.
Alpha :: Considered to be "bleeding edge". Give it a try if you are able to fix problems alongside the developers

ill likely test 1004 on a spare old box, have enough of them laying about ^_^

just out of curiosity could you run it on Ubuntu or is there more different then just KDE vs Gnome
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:40:28 am by jill »

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 06:44:25 am »
810 im holding off on 1004 for the whole house till its farther along but ill be testing it virtualy when i get this going problem is im useing what was laying around if i bought MD that i knew were compatable wouldnt be so tricky
XD Old? was still in beta a year ago guess goes to show how fast things change, not to mention this kinda scared me away from hooking it to the house.
Alpha :: Considered to be "bleeding edge". Give it a try if you are able to fix problems alongside the developers

ill likely test 1004 on a spare old box, have enough of them laying about ^_^

just out of curiosity could you run it on Ubuntu or is there more different then just KDE vs Gnome

1004 is still alpha, because we still cannot produce DVD-snapshots. 1004 being an alpha is quite solid.
But always on own risk of course.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 07:36:48 am »

Nope,... You'd have to install the Kubuntu desktop over the Ubuntu one (and thereby replacing any inconsistent packages),... essentially making your Ubuntu into Kubuntu... LinuxMCE is dependent on the QT framework, which is what KDE is based on... And I don't think that just installing KDE as an additional DE on Ubuntu would suffice... That's not to say that you could not (theoretically) start with a Ubuntu install, and them convert that install to a Kubuntu install... I was going to try that, but opted for installing from Kubuntu instead... However, I'm installing a few more packages than the average Kubuntu... and will see how it holds up...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).