Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76223 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:38 am »
I'm running completely stock Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean 4.1 as well as a Honeycomb Vizio VTAB1008. The Nexus fails to find the file and the Vizio just crashes. Oh, wait. My Nexus is working right now. It works surprisingly well over the interwebs.

I don't mind the network loading of skins as it makes for easy updates and testing. Having them on the phone is faster though. If you are concerned about space, then the best way would be to only have the files on the device for the skin that the user has chosen. Maybe give a skin selector that then downloads the entire skin from the server. Sounds like a "later" type of issue. Many of the skin managers I've seen so far allow one to install packages from the store for the different skins. A person can just install the skins they want.

Also, can you just emulate the different versions of Android?

One last thing, I noticed that there is a problem triggering the events when a button is pressed. For example, when I click on Video the system powers on my receiver and changes all the inputs correctly. This doesn't happen on this orbiter. Ideas?

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2012, 05:01:15 am »
hm.... in my case the config.xml was located somwhere on the device....

i will check for the config later ...

EDIT: config.xml is located in /mnt/sdcard/Linuxmce as normal ...
hi, in my case there is no linuxmce folder at the sd card, thar is what is driving me crazy. Can someone ppost the app that is on the market so i can download it?

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2012, 11:35:47 am »
@golgoj4: I'm trying to upgrade my firmware and see if it works there.
I just need to set up a damn windows box for that   ::)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 01:35:59 am »
hi, in my case there is no linuxmce folder at the sd card, thar is what is driving me crazy. Can someone ppost the app that is on the market so i can download it?

Thats a full stop.

What version of Android are you running? Sounds like a modded version as I have no experience the config not being placed in its location on standard android.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 03:00:26 am »
Thats a full stop.

What version of Android are you running? Sounds like a modded version as I have no experience the config not being placed in its location on standard android.

-golgoj4
Agreed, I had the same issue running Android on an N900 - modded version = no config file, I believe it was a permissions issue.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »
Thats a full stop.

-golgoj4

Hi,

It is 2.3.  I´ll check if there is a permission issue although it asks for sd writing permission and it says yes.  So probably it is not the version of qorbiter, it is my tablet.

Dextaslab, where you able to solve the permission issue??

Cheers,

T

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2012, 01:40:23 am »
Agreed, I had the same issue running Android on an N900 - modded version = no config file, I believe it was a permissions issue.

Its more likely that the standard location was not ported over for whatever reason. The SD card should be writable.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »
deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-release.apk

download the latest from here from now on

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2012, 01:39:05 am »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33136233/Android-ICS-apk/QOrbiter-release.apk

New release, should support more SD card locations.

You will need to update your qml prior to this.

If you dont update the apk, dont update the skins. The api will not match

-Langston

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2012, 01:36:01 am »
I couldn't get qorbiter to load on my Samsung Galaxy S2- on start it would just say it couldn't find my core.  So went in a manually deleted my config.xml file (that by the time stamp was created months ago even though I just installed the latest qorbiter) and a new config file was created and I can now connect to the core.  FYI for anyone else that may run into this.

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2012, 10:28:18 pm »
Same here - I had qorbiter running at my galaxy tab and then got a popup that an update was available. after that update it wouldn't start anymore.

IF

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
Grabbed the latest skins and orbiter and looking good! I'm running the tablet version on my Galaxy Nexus. Any config way to change the UI? I'd like to test out the phone version too without renaming folders...

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2013, 12:27:37 am »
Reportback: HTC Desire HD (Android 2.3.5) Updated the skins, downloaded apk from dropbox, ran instruction in weborbiter.

Orbiter loads fine, get to the stair screen with the 6 buttons in centre and 4 buttons bottom.

Power & exit buttons work, can only test media, the media buttons come up but clicking on Video or audio has no result, button goes blue but nothing happens

I have not set up a floor plan, don't know if that's important
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »
I got an htc evo3d(ICS) running the latest (I hope) version of qorbiter- setup as per wiki-instructions. When I start qorbiter, I get a rotating bar and then a message, that it couldn't connect the dcerouter. The first time I put the devicenumber and it connects, but the initial message always shows first.
Other than a few graphic-glitches I have not much to report....for example the first two buttons at the bottom are garbled.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:18 pm »
I got an htc evo3d(ICS) running the latest (I hope) version of qorbiter- setup as per wiki-instructions. When I start qorbiter, I get a rotating bar and then a message, that it couldn't connect the dcerouter. The first time I put the devicenumber and it connects, but the initial message always shows first.
Other than a few graphic-glitches I have not much to report....for example the first two buttons at the bottom are garbled.

The initial message is supposed to be there. Its basically searching for your dcerouter because the gui is loaded over the network as opposed to trying to cram the gui in your phone (300+ screens and images per skin!). I apologize for the rockiness, but we are really trying to address these problems i swear :)

-golgoj4

P.S. The latest can always be found @ http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-Release.apk