Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76154 times)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2012, 07:10:44 am »
your running the most recent update, qml included?

-golg0j4

Pretty sure I was - I installed the snapshot and everything else for the first time on the 24th (via wiki instuctions), same day I posted... Happy to uninstall and retest if you want me too?  :)

Medrawd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:26 am »
I can't make user name stick. I've just reinstalled 1004 from beta, recomended snapshot, latest snapshot and now I've done internet installation and on each user name is clear after reloading the router.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:44 am »
This currently, while nice, is somewhat irrelevant. QOrbiter currently doesnt support any of the user related features on android so while i understand the annoyance, its frankly low on the importance list until users become important.

Right now im trying to solve the media player / embedded ip phone connundrum so its a little low on my list.

The real question is, what phone do you have, and what version of Android are you running. Im running up against an issue where higher end Android devices have issues with our opengl settings, but not mid range and slightly older ones.

so whatcha got?

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Medrawd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:44 am »
I've got Samsung Galaxy S running JellyBean.

Medrawd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2012, 05:07:34 am »
Qorbiter on phone some times(5-10%) "works" but all popup menus are empty and buttons for selecting user and room are showing lorem ipsum.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:13 am »
ok, something sounds like its going very wrong.

you have
1) updated the skins
2) got the latest from the market?

Have you tried doing a qOrbiter Regen? i.e. http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/qOrbiterGenerator.php?d=<yourdevice#>

Im very curious because menus are empty because there is nothing in the room / ea. I will look into this further...

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Medrawd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:37 pm »
Yes I've done everything.

Medrawd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »
I just have installed nightly insted of the market one and it is working.

ppiszc

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 09:54:33 pm »
Sorry for very very long delay but I unfortunately flashed device using wrong image and I had my device totally bricked..
I had to find proper flash image to make alive my china android tablet.
I found three issues connected with qOrbiter (Ticket #1585).
Let me know if somene would like to check apk with fixes (I have apk for droid based on armv5).

Cheers,
ppiszc

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »
I'm on a galaxy tab 7" Android 2.2.
I followed the wiki, but get an error when running qorbiter. It can't find the file: "Screen_1.qml".
The file is located in /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android/tablet/default/screens, thats where it should be right? Is read-access enough or does it want to write as well?

thanks
IF

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 01:57:44 pm »
Hello to all,

I have a low end COBY kyros MID7014, it as android 2.3.3 and I can't get it to work because I can't find the folder with the config file.  Im unable to use the market version because it says that that software is not compatible with my device so I used the website version.  Why there is no config file on the sd?

Cheers,

T

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 02:08:19 pm »
hm.... in my case the config.xml was located somwhere on the device....

i will check for the config later ...

EDIT: config.xml is located in /mnt/sdcard/Linuxmce as normal ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:41:50 pm by polly »

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »
I keep getting the same thing on my Galaxy Nexus phone.

I'm on a galaxy tab 7" Android 2.2.
I followed the wiki, but get an error when running qorbiter. It can't find the file: "Screen_1.qml".
The file is located in /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android/tablet/default/screens, thats where it should be right? Is read-access enough or does it want to write as well?

thanks
IF

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2012, 12:15:25 am »
oi vey

ok. im kinda knee deep in dealing with raspberry pi port
but

Questions:
Are any of these running modified versions of android?

I have discovered some nasty low level bugs that im fixing.
*Read Access should be enough
*Config is always installed to /mnt/sdcard/Linuxmce
*I Have tested this on an android 2.3.6 device. I will try and find a 2.2 one. (Note that would be the 4th device ive purchased for tests. this gets expensive!)
*Feel free to riff on my work, but please make it clear when re-distributing _why_ you are re-distributing, i.e. because you have a modded phone. I support only stock Android. Sorry but you see the multitude of problems with sticking with stock versions!

I will try to respond expeditiously. Im normally in irc from 4:00 pst - 10:pm pst m-f
golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2012, 12:18:38 am »
One other thing. I hate this network loading nonsense. I really do. How would people feel if the skins were installed to the sd card? Remember, it could take up a lot of space eventually. Right now, QOrbiter itself is about 30mb, another 30 for libraries. The android skins are currently about 60 mb. If there is no real opposition this might be in the next release.

-golgoj4