Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76158 times)

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:00 pm »
yep ... it is setup as an Android-x86 VM ...

Not supported yet,... But it should handle a web orbiter fine... I PM'd Golgoj4 about it a little while back, and he said he look into x86 based Android as a target,... but I told him there was no rush, at the moment.

PS: Old netbooks, especially smaller ones that are sitting unused, make great Android-X86 devices...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »
Hey ...
first of all thx, for offering advanced information :-)

Currently i have only a iPad and a iPhone 3GS to test. :-(

So my plan was to use any emulator to get QOrbiter working. But the adnroid emu does a bad job on OS X.
It slows down the whole mac to an almost unusable speed, i don't want to talk about the speed of the android emu. I can slide to unlock but thats it.

If you know how to run an android emu on Mac OS please let me know !

cheers,
ochorocho

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2012, 12:19:34 am »
Don't know about Mac stuff, sorry.

But is possible to emulate ARM on Android-X86,... At least experimentally...

See here:
http://www.buildroid.org/blog/?p=198

Note: I have not tried to duplicate this guy's work, nor was I actually planning to do so. This is advanced kernel rebuilding stuff, not my idea of a free evening's tinkering...

PS: It's apparently possible to use VirtualBox and qemu to emulate ARM in order to build/develop for ARM based Android as well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:31:08 am by JaseP »
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »
hey ....

my android emulator is up and running with a good performance. :-)
i seems like i did NOT download the macOS version of the Emulator!

MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOADED THE CORRECT VERSION!! :-)

i've installed Ministro II and QOrbiter app (from here: http://www.lasmarthomes.com/QOrbiter-release.apk ).

on the first run of qorbiter it asks for additional libs to be installed, so i installed the additional libs.
After installing the additional qorbiter goes black and thats it.

I tried with Android 2.3.3, 3.0.1, 4.0.1 .

Any information to get around this issue or debug it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Cheers,
ochorocho

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:34:30 pm by polly »

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:51 pm »
hey ....

my android emulator is up and running with a good performance. :-)
i seems like i did NOT download the macOS version of the Emulator!

MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOADED THE CORRECT VERSION!! :-)

i've installed Ministro II and QOrbiter app (from here: http://www.lasmarthomes.com/QOrbiter-release.apk ).

on the first run of qorbiter it asks for additional libs to be installed, so i installed the additional libs.
After installing the additional qorbiter goes black and thats it.

I tried with Android 2.3.3, 3.0.1, 4.0.1 .

Any information to get around this issue or debug it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Cheers,
ochorocho

you have the skins and such already installed on your core?

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »
DOH! ....

i'm currently not connected to the Core ... i'm @work.

i installed skins and stuff as described here:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter

i will give it another try when i'm back home!

Thx.

Cheers,
ochorocho

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »
Hey golgoj4,

Thought i'd try out the nightly. Followed the wiki (orb, user, room, size, svn, skins, config generation etc) however after loading briefly - the app just quits (goes back to the homescreen). Using a galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.4). Logcat shows this if it is helpful:
http://pastebin.com/sHu5bUvL
Code: [Select]
W/Qt      (12640): qrc:android/Splash.qml:35: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: dcerouter
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect DCE::qOrbiter::screenSaverImages(QStringList) to (null)::setImageList(QStringList)
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::requestNewImage(QString) to DCE::qOrbiter::getScreenSaverImage(QString)
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect DCE::qOrbiter::currentScreenSaverImage(const uchar*,int) to (null)::setImageData(const uchar*,int)
W/Qt      (12640): Object::connect: Attempt to bind non-signal orbiterWindow::close()
D/Qt      (12640): Device Id changed to: -1
D/Qt      (12640): Initializing connection
D/Qt      (12640): No hostname, checking installation
D/Qt      (12640): Found installation, starting
F/libc    (12640): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x000002b6 (code=1)
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): Build fingerprint: 'samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.0.3/IML74K/XXLPQ:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): pid: 12640, tid: 12658  >>> org.linuxmce.qorbiter <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 000002b6

Let me know if there is anything else you need/want to help.

Cheers,
WR.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »
Umm - nevermind! I noticed that the device id flashes up as -1, though you don't get a chance to change it...

So I manually edited the config.xml on the SD card and it works! Yay! Time to play - thanks again :)

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:50 am »
Hey golgoj4,

Thought i'd try out the nightly. Followed the wiki (orb, user, room, size, svn, skins, config generation etc) however after loading briefly - the app just quits (goes back to the homescreen). Using a galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.4). Logcat shows this if it is helpful:
http://pastebin.com/sHu5bUvL
Code: [Select]
W/Qt      (12640): qrc:android/Splash.qml:35: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: dcerouter
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect DCE::qOrbiter::screenSaverImages(QStringList) to (null)::setImageList(QStringList)
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::requestNewImage(QString) to DCE::qOrbiter::getScreenSaverImage(QString)
W/Qt      (12640): QObject::connect: Cannot connect DCE::qOrbiter::currentScreenSaverImage(const uchar*,int) to (null)::setImageData(const uchar*,int)
W/Qt      (12640): Object::connect: Attempt to bind non-signal orbiterWindow::close()
D/Qt      (12640): Device Id changed to: -1
D/Qt      (12640): Initializing connection
D/Qt      (12640): No hostname, checking installation
D/Qt      (12640): Found installation, starting
F/libc    (12640): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x000002b6 (code=1)
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): Build fingerprint: 'samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.0.3/IML74K/XXLPQ:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): pid: 12640, tid: 12658  >>> org.linuxmce.qorbiter <<<
I/DEBUG   ( 3470): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 000002b6

Let me know if there is anything else you need/want to help.

Cheers,
WR.

interesting, so you just changed the device id to an existing one and it worked?

its supposed to show a popup of the existing qOrbiters.
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has got this working on a HP Touchpad w/ android (CM9)?
I have just got my touchpad back, and have been trying to get it to work but to no avail :/
Trying to get debug logs out of it now..

Slampt

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2012, 07:04:53 am »
Just an update in the hopes someone may be able to help me.
I have been trying to figure out why qOrbiter would work when it is freshly installed (config changed to suit my setup). But fail every time after...

These are my logs;

Success start : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ss2t5bhQ

When pressing Exit Orbiter : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JDp1idZd

Failed start : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4TAvQUBs

I will keep plodding away and report here if I am successful :P

Cheers
Slampt

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2012, 05:56:36 am »
I'm having trouble with my touchpad as well- qorbiter is grabbing device id "45" even through only have qorbiter devices "56" and "75".  I don't have a device 45 or anything really even close.  On one occasion, I was able to halt the qorbiter starting and was able to type in "56" as my device id.  I hitting "go" changed the button color to green, but then the app froze.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2012, 02:43:53 am »
I'm having trouble with my touchpad as well- qorbiter is grabbing device id "45" even through only have qorbiter devices "56" and "75".  I don't have a device 45 or anything really even close.  On one occasion, I was able to halt the qorbiter starting and was able to type in "56" as my device id.  I hitting "go" changed the button color to green, but then the app froze.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I dont. What should be happening is that device id is set to -1 by default. this should cause it to pop up a list of existing qOrbiter, you select the right one and it starts. it saves the device id so next time it will already have it. Anything else happening is outside of what happens on the android devices i  test. Is there anyways to get a more solid rom onto these touchpads, because its clearly borking up a lot. It should not be setting random device numbers. that means that it cant read from the SD card more than likely, which means you will have to fight with it every time.

-golgoj4

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2012, 10:50:28 am »
interesting, so you just changed the device id to an existing one and it worked?

its supposed to show a popup of the existing qOrbiters.
-golgoj4
Exactly like that. I didn't get a pop-up that i could see. I could see the -1 but not edit it.. and it would only give me a few sec before crashing. xml edit worked immediately though.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »
Exactly like that. I didn't get a pop-up that i could see. I could see the -1 but not edit it.. and it would only give me a few sec before crashing. xml edit worked immediately though.

your running the most recent update, qml included?

-golg0j4