Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76206 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »
I too have a cheap-ass tablet running CyanogenMod 7, I've tried both software and GL versions and they both have failed, but I also noticed that going through the guide in the wiki, that the username for the qOrbiter in the Admin Website is set and as soon as I do a quick reload, it disappears, is this supposed to happen? The room name and other details remain.

The DDMS debugging log, config file contents and DCEROUTER.log for the latest release of the non-market version is here: http://www.modlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/log.txt
The tablet model is a Pendo Pad: TPC7SLV
It does create the Linuxmce folder when installed, and a default config, and if I change the number in it it does read it.
I have tried both horizontal and vertical modes, and turning off rotation

It loads the splash screen, displays the "Setting up Lmce" screen, if the orbiter number is correct, "go" goes red and it freezes and shutsdown. If the orbiter number is wrong it sudjests the correct device number which can slide up and down the screen, but when you click it "go" goes red and it freezes.

I have tried to set orbiter details in the web admin, run qOrbiterGenerator.php, quick reload, and then specified the username, but it still does the same.

From the DDMS log it looks like a code library related issue? libc.so vs libQtCore.so vs libqorbiter.so ? just a guess.
cheers hope this helps :-)

And this is what makes me rage about android. After looking around and doing some investigation, there really shouldn't be anything stopping the show except the device maker cut some corners somewhere. the segfault right around the dce initialization is particularly telling. The bad network functions are all me, i take 'credit' for that part. But when it does make it to loading, it seems like its hitting a wall loading some of the more complex libraries.

Lets try an orbital strike...
1) uninstall QOrbiter
2) clear the data from ministro. Under settings->applications->ministro->clear data. Or uninstall it.
3) reinstall qorbiter. Non open gl.
4)please report back.

the crashes i saw in the dump lead me to one of two conclusions: either there is a lib mismatch or the device is running into a wall resource wise. which seems crazy, but ive seen it on my phone.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »
Uninstalled qOrbiter and ministro, deleted Linuxmce folder, and reinstalled from Market, the results are the same, just have to run DDMS to get log.

can I get a confirmation on this: "... the username for the qOrbiter in the Admin Website is set and as soon as I do a quick reload, it disappears, is this supposed to happen? "

Cheers

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 03:16:17 pm »
Uninstalled qOrbiter and ministro, deleted Linuxmce folder, and reinstalled from Market, the results are the same, just have to run DDMS to get log.

can I get a confirmation on this: "... the username for the qOrbiter in the Admin Website is set and as soon as I do a quick reload, it disappears, is this supposed to happen? "

Cheers
New log is here: http://www.modlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/log2.txt

Looks pretty much the same :-(

pedplar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2012, 12:07:51 pm »
I to cant get user to stick in the webadmin.  As soon as I reload router, the user is blank. 

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »
After doing a long over due reinstall, the name now sticks in the admin webpage

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 08:28:37 am »
Got it installed on a Galaxy S2 and HTC Desire XL although it only displays 9 videos (8 of them are repeats) and 4 audio files in the listings and the video genre's are music based: eg; Jazz, Electronica, etc, which the buttons dont work, I'm not sure if these issues are what I should be see'ing or if it's qerk of my setup?

Cheers

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 02:27:21 am »
Got it installed on a Galaxy S2 and HTC Desire XL although it only displays 9 videos (8 of them are repeats) and 4 audio files in the listings and the video genre's are music based: eg; Jazz, Electronica, etc, which the buttons dont work, I'm not sure if these issues are what I should be see'ing or if it's qerk of my setup?

Cheers

Stay tuned, some android skin updates this weekend!

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2012, 05:33:26 pm »
Hello golgoj4

I wanted to try out one of your nightly builds, but it appears the url is no longer working. did you get another website? www.lasmarthomes.com is no longer available...

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »
He's got a website at:

http://www.langstonball.com/

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »
Thank you, but that is his original website, which as it seems, doesn't hold the nightly builds.

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2012, 11:16:55 pm »
Using links from here? Link works for me so maybe site was down.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2012, 12:33:58 am »
site is down, will return shortly

-golgoj4

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »
Hey ....

just installed Android 4.0.3 in Virtualbox. So far android works great but after installing QOrbiter and Ministro2 i got a
"Ministro can not Satisfy your applications dependencies" while Ministro tried to download required libraries...

this could help maybe ?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-qt/7w1GjZ0lPJA

to be honest, i have no idea where the problem is, but i'm glad to help...

Cheers,
ochorocho

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »
Is your VB instance set up as an Android-x86 VM or as an emulated ARM environment? Golgoj4 hasn't done an X86 target build yet (I don't think), and I get the same error when I try putting qOrbitor on my eee PC running the Android-X86 4.x ICS release candidate.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »
yep ... it is setup as an Android-x86 VM ...