I too have a cheap-ass tablet running CyanogenMod 7, I've tried both software and GL versions and they both have failed, but I also noticed that going through the guide in the wiki, that the username for the qOrbiter in the Admin Website is set and as soon as I do a quick reload, it disappears, is this supposed to happen? The room name and other details remain.
The DDMS debugging log, config file contents and DCEROUTER.log for the latest release of the non-market version is here: http://www.modlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/log.txt
The tablet model is a Pendo Pad: TPC7SLV
It does create the Linuxmce folder when installed, and a default config, and if I change the number in it it does read it.
I have tried both horizontal and vertical modes, and turning off rotation
It loads the splash screen, displays the "Setting up Lmce" screen, if the orbiter number is correct, "go" goes red and it freezes and shutsdown. If the orbiter number is wrong it sudjests the correct device number which can slide up and down the screen, but when you click it "go" goes red and it freezes.
I have tried to set orbiter details in the web admin, run qOrbiterGenerator.php, quick reload, and then specified the username, but it still does the same.
From the DDMS log it looks like a code library related issue? libc.so vs libQtCore.so vs libqorbiter.so ? just a guess.
cheers hope this helps :-)
And this is what makes me rage about android. After looking around and doing some investigation, there really shouldn't be anything stopping the show except the device maker cut some corners somewhere. the segfault right around the dce initialization is particularly telling. The bad network functions are all me, i take 'credit' for that part. But when it does make it to loading, it seems like its hitting a wall loading some of the more complex libraries.
Lets try an orbital strike...
1) uninstall QOrbiter
2) clear the data from ministro. Under settings->applications->ministro->clear data. Or uninstall it.
3) reinstall qorbiter. Non open gl.
4)please report back.
the crashes i saw in the dump lead me to one of two conclusions: either there is a lib mismatch or the device is running into a wall resource wise. which seems crazy, but ive seen it on my phone.