Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76180 times)

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:53 am »
i use wifi too

carlos

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 01:35:28 am »
I am trying out qOrbiter, I too am on WiFi and am getting lock up when trying to load the Orbiter.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 05:31:47 am »
I am trying out qOrbiter, I too am on WiFi and am getting lock up when trying to load the Orbiter.

Im assuming you ran the setup instructions
*What model phone
*What version installed? Google Market Or Website
*If you have the ability to, logcat or some other logging program like DDMS would be really helpful for me to see whats going on in the device.
*for everyone: What is the ip address of your core? Is it different from 192.168.80.1?

-golgoj4

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/debugging/ddms.html

And look! opengl + shaders for the coming soon onscreen orbiter! http://youtu.be/SH9MMxfCOPY
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:12:13 pm by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 11:04:12 am »
Keep in mind that my phone is the Galaxy S Glide (Captivate Glide in the US) and so it is not the same as the Galaxy S that everyone is used to.  This is a dual-core phone with a slide out keyboard.  Just in case there is confusion (I know most people are about the 'S' line).

Room selection:
  • On the Galaxy Tab 10.1: Images are now a little lower on the screen and I can read the names along the top. 
  • On Both: Selection seems to function properly and the scenarios on the screen change accordingly.  The name of the room on the room button does not change and always remains the original room.

User selection:
  • On Both: Selection seems to function properly but I can't actually tell as no user name is displayed anywhere to tell if it has actually changed.

k, I will stop mentioning it until you say it's in.  Just didn't know if was supposed to be there yet or not.

Cool the synopsis and performers lists expand/contrct.  On both the phones and tablet.

Okay, in the Now Playing screen for Audio:
  • On the Galaxy Tab 10.1: Artist Name and Track Name are showing correctly but the Album Name/Year are showing in blocks.
  • On the Galaxy S Glide Phones: Artist Name and Album Name/Year are showing correctly but the Track Name is showing in blocks.  :-p

Okay, in the Now Playing screen for Video:
  • On the Galaxy Tab 10.1: Video Name shows correctly, Genres show correctly, Performers show in all blocks and whatever the text is above the current time is showing in blocks as well.  Synopsis has some strange characters and blocks in it but mostly correct.  The 'image' that loads is not always the correct image it is often showing us the image for the last media track played or the first image loaded only, regardless of how many media tracks we continue to play.
  • On the Galaxy S Glide Phones: Everything seems to be displaying correctly.  The 'image' that loads is not always the correct image it is often showing us the image for the last media track played and not always updating.

Audio Lists (datagrids):
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1:Text seems to show fine for audio, when I choose a track to play and it brings up the info screen for the track the text on that screen is all in blocks except the name of the track. (The play/move/close screen).  Button text is fine.
  • Galaxy S Glide Phones: Images show, text is all blocks.  There are twice the number of actual tracks showing in the list. (16 tracks, shows 32 in the list).  The play/move/close screen shows text properly.

Video Lists (datagrids) essentially the same as for the audio:
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1:Text seems to show fine for video, when I choose a track to play and it brings up the info screen for the track all text on that screen is in blocks except the name of the track. (The play/move/close screen).  Button text is fine.
  • Galaxy S Glide Phones: Images show, text is all blocks.  There are twice the number of actual tracks showing in the list. (16 tracks, shows 32 in the list).  The play/move/close screen shows text properly.

'Power' Menu:
  • On Tab: Power menu opens, pressing buttons (display on/off, MD on/of) doesn't have any affect.
  • On Phone: Selection seems to function properly and the scenarios on the screen change accordingly.  The name of the room on the room button does not change and always remains the original room.

You're welcome.  Thank you for all the amazing work you're doing here!  I am only too happy to help!  My wife is really liking the idea of controlling the system from her phone and she is very tolerant of me breaking things if it will ultimately lead to an improved experience.  She's very forgiving.  :)

J.

*play all implemented across all skins
*some buttons made bigger
*tried to correct as much text as i could find
*made now playing on audio screen more readable
*im sure there is something else but its 2am and broham is tired :)

-cheers
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

ppiszc

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:58 pm »
golgoj4

Please find below link to logcat from my droid made during QOrbiter starts.
h**p://pastebin.com/rP4MhBpn

If you need more logs just let me know.

ppiszc

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »
*play all implemented across all skins
*some buttons made bigger
*tried to correct as much text as i could find
*made now playing on audio screen more readable
*im sure there is something else but its 2am and broham is tired :)

-cheers
golgoj4

Wow!  I'll update and check it out tonight and get back to you.

J.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »
Testing it out on my Acer Iconia A500...

OpenGL version from golgoj4's website. Runs very fast.

Issues (I don't know how many of these are works in progress and how many just don't work on my device, so I'll just list them all):
• It sometimes fails to load, requiring multiple restart attempts.
• Room selection scroller could use some kind of frame around it, one that indicates that you are suppose to scroll right and left, same for the menu bar during live TV playback.
• There appear to be no channel change buttons in Live TV playback, and the number pad doesn't do anything (additionally, the zero key doesn't register a press).
• Aspect change pop-up remains on screen in Live TV (but works in Video playback).
• Picture viewer screen crashes.

I haven't tried a lot more as I don't have every sub-system fully set up on my installation. So communications is not something I can test.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:22:53 pm by JaseP »
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2012, 12:36:50 am »
Mine always goes to a black screen after the splash screen and, from there, exits. Vizio VTAB1008 on Honeycomb. It doesn't matter which APK I use, market or website, same results. It used to work just fine with only the occasional crash.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:32:45 pm by WhateverFits »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:05 am »
Mine always goes to a black screen after the splash screen and, from there, exits. Vizio VTAB1008 on Honeycomb. It doesn't matter which APK I use, market or website, same results. It used to work just fine with only the occasional crash.

Where did you install the apk from? seems like its the open gl version, but it sounds like your device doesnt support the proper opengl profile

-golgoj4

gadget

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
I have built a development environment and can build the qorbiter for desktop but the buttons don't seem to do anything except for users and rooms. What am i missing?

gadget

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 07:22:33 pm »
Where did you install the apk from? seems like its the open gl version, but it sounds like your device doesnt support the proper opengl profile

-golgoj4

I've tried both your website and the market versions. The market one used to work correctly. Could a change to the QML have caused this as I get the exact same response from both of the versions? Are there any files that I should delete? I deleted everything I could find and reinstalled but still same thing.

Next steps for me:
1. back date the QML in skins
2. hook up the Android debugger.

stedaniels

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2012, 01:18:18 pm »
Soo, might manage to get this baby up and running in a dev environment soon!

My first job will however be compiling all the Qt goodies for Android x86 ( I'm running ICS on O2 Jogglers )- the agony! A few people have made good progress on this so it shouldn't be too painful hopefully I'll get any patches needed rolled in upstream so that they can include x86 builds on the Ministro package servers.

I noticed Samsung have some cash to splash and wonder if qOrbiter would make a good entry in their apps competition?

http://www.smartappchallenge.com/eng/main.do

Bah - just read the details - the prizes are consumer judged.. i.e. the winner is based on downloads! Ahh well.

Steve

ppiszc

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2012, 10:00:46 pm »
golgoj4,

On my cheap tablet there are no directory Linuxmce and file config.xml on sdcard (qorbiter do not create such file and directory).
I've made copy the directory and file from HTC Desire S (where qorbiter works fine) but this do not change the behavior of qorbiter on the tablet - qorbiter do not remember IP nor device number and exits just after hit the "Go!" button.
So my conclusion is that qorbiter has probably problems with sdcard operations (reading and writing) on specific cheap tablets.
Is the source code of android qorbiter on svn ? I can try to dig in this area.

ppiszc.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:20 am »
golgoj4,

On my cheap tablet there are no directory Linuxmce and file config.xml on sdcard (qorbiter do not create such file and directory).
I've made copy the directory and file from HTC Desire S (where qorbiter works fine) but this do not change the behavior of qorbiter on the tablet - qorbiter do not remember IP nor device number and exits just after hit the "Go!" button.
So my conclusion is that qorbiter has probably problems with sdcard operations (reading and writing) on specific cheap tablets.
Is the source code of android qorbiter on svn ? I can try to dig in this area.

ppiszc.

yep. its located here http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/browser/branches/LinuxMCE-1004/src/qOrbiter/qOrbiter_src
I have encountered issues with the rooted devices and devices with custom roms if that of any help when jumping in. It related to the location of '/mnt/SDcard/' being different when thats the standard location for android.

-golgoj4
thanks for taking a look!

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2012, 10:57:39 am »
I too have a cheap-ass tablet running CyanogenMod 7, I've tried both software and GL versions and they both have failed, but I also noticed that going through the guide in the wiki, that the username for the qOrbiter in the Admin Website is set and as soon as I do a quick reload, it disappears, is this supposed to happen? The room name and other details remain.

The DDMS debugging log, config file contents and DCEROUTER.log for the latest release of the non-market version is here: http://www.modlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/log.txt
The tablet model is a Pendo Pad: TPC7SLV
It does create the Linuxmce folder when installed, and a default config, and if I change the number in it it does read it.
I have tried both horizontal and vertical modes, and turning off rotation

It loads the splash screen, displays the "Setting up Lmce" screen, if the orbiter number is correct, "go" goes red and it freezes and shutsdown. If the orbiter number is wrong it sudjests the correct device number which can slide up and down the screen, but when you click it "go" goes red and it freezes.

I have tried to set orbiter details in the web admin, run qOrbiterGenerator.php, quick reload, and then specified the username, but it still does the same.

From the DDMS log it looks like a code library related issue? libc.so vs libQtCore.so vs libqorbiter.so ? just a guess.
cheers hope this helps :-)