Author Topic: Android QOrbiter  (Read 76216 times)

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Android QOrbiter
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 07:58:46 pm »
Thanks, I did get the url wrong, but I tried again with the modified code.
Code: [Select]
http://192.168.3.80/lmce-admin/qOrbiterGenerator.php?d=49 and got this message
Connected, Proceeding with OrbiterGen for device: 49
Looking for /var/tmp/49conf.xml...found existing conf, overwriting!
Setting FileFormats Sort List Up...Setting Media SubTypes Sort List Up...Finding default user and room........done
Looking up Users now......done!
Looking up Rooms now.. ....done!
Setting Genre List Up.......done!
Setting Attribute Sort List Up.......done!
Starting Lighting Scenarios....done!
Starting Media Scenarios....done!
Starting Climate Scenarios....done!
Starting Telecom Scenarios....done!
Starting Security Scenarios....done!
DB closed
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/lmce-admin/qOrbiterGenerator.php on line 109
Any thoughts?

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:29 pm »
On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 the qorbiter loads and runs.  I can choose a user.  No scenarios show up, the advanced button works, the power button causes a lock-up.

On my phone Samsung Galaxy S Glide (Captivate Glide in the USA) the app loads to show a black screen only.

Anything I can check or do to help?

J.

Thanks for the info, i will look into that right away.
*I did push an update in the past few days so it may be related to that. Please update from the market and update your qml, i will be firing up the emu and see whats going on.

thanks for reporting back!
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:46 am »
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12436.0.html

this should correct an issue l3mce helped me discover that was unique to high end android phones.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 01:31:12 am »
Updated qml, rebuilt orbiter.

Runs on both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and my Samsung Galaxy S Glide (Captivate Glide in US).  Looks good on the tablet.  Very minimal on the phone, I expect this is different skins, I haven't checked.

Some issues on both but the scenarios show up on both and I can select rooms.  
Sometimes they crash before completing to load the app.
User selection works on the tablet, not on the phone.
Advanced screen works on the tablet, not the phone.
Media grids sometimes crash on both.
I can't seem to 'play' any media with either, no 'play all' button either.
Doesn't appear to be a 'Now Playing' screen available like the original orbiter.

Some of the above is likely known, I'm just passing on my observations.  Coming along nicely!  Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to try.

J.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:38:11 am by phenigma »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 03:12:56 am »
Updated qml, rebuilt orbiter.

Runs on both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and my Samsung Galaxy S Glide (Captivate Glide in US).  Looks good on the tablet.  Very minimal on the phone, I expect this is different skins, I haven't checked.

Some issues on both but the scenarios show up on both and I can select rooms.  
Sometimes they crash before completing to load the app.
User selection works on the tablet, not on the phone.
Advanced screen works on the tablet, not the phone.
Media grids sometimes crash on both.
I can't seem to 'play' any media with either, no 'play all' button either.
Doesn't appear to be a 'Now Playing' screen available like the original orbiter.

Some of the above is likely known, I'm just passing on my observations.  Coming along nicely!  Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to try.

J.

Yeah the phone UI is very minimal right now.
The way ive been doing the dev of the skins is to do my core development against
lmce-admin/skins/desktop default. Kind of the testbed UI so to speak.
then i port over to
lmce-admin/skin/android/phone/default
 and
 lmce-admin/skins/android/tablet/default

As you can see, i sometimes get my wires crossed :)

Ill be looking into the issues you mentioned, and ive released another update today, not sure if you got that one yet. 2.0.4

Thanks again
golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:21:47 am »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 02:14:09 am »
I'll have a look at that.  Haven't tested in a couple of days, I'll check my version and see where it's at.

J.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:26 am »
Hello again party people,

I realize things have been slow on updates, and I apologize. But ive really been trying to solve problems instead of band aid them, with some success.

A very important note: this will mark a split into two separate versions. One WITH opengl and one without. From looking at the installation statistics, the vast majority of devices that are installed support open-gl, which means this will only be a plus. My personal android device does not support opengl (a blessing in more ways than one) so there will also be a non open gl version as well. I should be available this weekend if you post in irc or drop by the forums and leave as detailed a message as possible. If you are a tablet user and have some time friday please let me know. I don't have an open gl tablet and I would like to know if there are any issues when its rolled out. earlier maybe but tomorrow could be a very good day *fingers crossed* so i will more than likely be available on friday.

It should also be noted in big freaking billboard lettering that L3mce sent me a phone that supports open gl, which is what is allowing me to even extend opengl to android. So once again, a big thanks to him for providing hardware for me to dev on. The emulator only goes so far. Which, on a side note, is annoying when you have a beast of a machine :)

-cheers
golgoj4

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »
Great news! I should be around today and tomorrow evening to test on my Transformer Prime. Send me a note in IRC when you're ready.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »
That is amazing news! I'll try to be around for this but I'm still unpacking. Just got my LinuxMCE system back online last night.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 08:27:17 pm »
I will try and give it a go on my Galaxy Nexus.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »
Where is the apk for the new orbiter? I went to android market and it shows as installed. I downloaded that one several weeks ago.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »
Where is the apk for the new orbiter? I went to android market and it shows as installed. I downloaded that one several weeks ago.

As per the wiki, golgoj4 has his nightly builds hosted from his website: http://www.lasmarthomes.com/QOrbiter-release.apk

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »
golgoj4, for us less well informed testers, what (if anything) is required for us to test the latest android qorbiter other than:

* co the latest skins directory
* download and install the latest .apk from your website

Thanks

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »
Sorry for being a bit confusing guys

I have not released the new apk yet as of this posting. I took some time to try and fix the issue with needing to double tap for certain functions things to happen.

Testing consists of 2 different things on android

1) QML. This is the ui, and while its kind of weird, think of it literally as CSS style. Thats essentially what the qml is. So, that being said, upgrades, changes, etc to the UI can be gotten by doing the svn update of your qml as its loaded from the network

2) The APK. The apk is the core code which actually runs on your Android device. As was pointed out, I have nightly builds on my website, and updates are pushed to the market after sufficient tests.

I have pushed an update for the QML, which can be grabbed by doing an svn update. The actual APK will be coming a bit later, as I was trying to implement some open gl visual effects. I think im going to save that for the next pass however.

-golgoj4