Author Topic: New LMCE splash screen/logo!  (Read 11082 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
New LMCE splash screen/logo!
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:15 pm »

No... that isn't it.

You haven't made it yet. As I am graphically challenged I am asking for the LMCE communities help. We are working on a new branded lmce install dvd, and I need a 640x480 .png which looks awesome. My sense of design is stuck in 1992, so this, I thought, would be a great way for folks to contribute. Please look at the above image to get a sense of the menu/title. It is trapped there for all intents and purposes. No I cannot put it at the bottom or on the side. It goes there. There may be more options added, so leave some room underneath for a few more entries.

I thought if we got some submissions I would make a poll for people to vote on what we like best. I think this is a cool opportunity to contribute something for those who don't code, and even those who do. At the end of the day, you must release this image as GPL for use with LinuxMCE... so no grifting OK? Original work only please.

You are also free to make a bootloader image like phenigmas... You don't have to go full boat and make an actual bootloader package... but are welcome to. I am happy using phenigmas... I like it... but some have held reservations about poor little tux being a bit played out and dominating... or sort of out of place. Again, I love the little guy, and the ONLY official images he had to work with are loungetux. That is another thing... please make the logo you come up with a layer so we can use it elsewhere if you are struck with lightning. Transparency is supported, and is currently black.

Feel free to submit as many as you like. Try to remember though... this will be the first thing everyone who installs sees on their screen... so pretending we are professional is probably the best tack. So... show us what you got! You will not get any discouraging remarks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:45:23 pm by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: New LMCE splash screen/logo!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »

No... that isn't it.

You haven't made it yet. As I am graphically challenged I am asking for the LMCE communities help. We are working on a new branded lmce install dvd, and I need a 640x480 .png which looks awesome. My sense of design is stuck in 1992, so this, I thought, would be a great way for folks to contribute. Please look at the above image to get a sense of the menu/title. It is trapped there for all intents and purposes. No I cannot put it at the bottom or on the side. It goes there. There may be more options added, so leave some room underneath for a few more entries.

I thought if we got some submissions I would make a poll for people to vote on what we like best. I think this is a cool opportunity to contribute something for those who don't code, and even those who do. At the end of the day, you must release this image as GPL for use with LinuxMCE... so no grifting OK? Original work only please.

You are also free to make a bootloader image like phenigmas... You don't have to go full boat and make an actual bootloader package... but are welcome to. I am happy using phenigmas... I like it... but some have held reservations about poor little tux being a bit played out and dominating... or sort of out of place. Again, I love the little guy, and the ONLY official images he had to work with are loungetux. That is another thing... please make the logo you come up with a layer so we can use it elsewhere if you are struck with lightning.

Feel free to submit as many as you like. Try to remember though... this will be the first thing everyone who installs sees on their screen... so pretending we are professional is probably the best tack. So... show us what you got! You will not get any discouraging remarks.

Good idea, alas I am also graphically challenged (also on other fields), but the person who can draw a LinuxMCE pinguin with a giant Bongo, has my vote. Maybe we can even make it 3d, so the bongo really comes towards you.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »
What the hell is a bongo  ???  ;D

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »
Ok thought you might have wanted a picture of a penguin with one of these!

http://www.marijuana-picture.com/bongs.html

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:38:37 pm »
How about a nice pair of tits on the logo? Tits sell.

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »
Tits are good indeed  ;D

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:36 pm »

Hahah...

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:12 pm »
Nothing Fancy, but just a thought, The menu options can be displayed in the "TV"

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:16 pm »
Nothing Fancy, but just a thought, The menu options can be displayed in the "TV"

Thanks DragonK.
Please from now on only reply with art and graphics, no bongo jokes please.........I take full blame of getting of topic.

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:14 pm »
I really like that DragonK!
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 02:14:14 am »
DragonK, that is awesome.

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:00 am »
Allright! That's what I'm talkin' bout. Thank you DragonK for kicking things off!

RayBe... don't be shy now... Throw yours up there!
I never quit... I just ping out.

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:31 am »

Did you see the tits on the screen? If not, then blame Tux for
Changing the channel....  ;D

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 04:30:53 am »
I am rubbish with the artwork but what about creating a page that looks like it is the menu screen for a DVD.  As Movie watching is a large part of what users are installing for, a page that resembles a DVD menu screen would be a good starting point.  I don't want to post copyrighted material but if you google 'DVD Menu Screens' there are many examples.