Author Topic: LinuxMCE 1.0 Installer Torrent  (Read 35120 times)

matttwine

• View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE 1.0 Installer Torrent
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 06:56:47 pm »
crazy i dont know where the extra megs came from in my iso then

i have put my version on

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3645755

direct link http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3645755/LinuxMCE.3645755.TPB.torrent

hondaman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 07:12:44 pm »
Matt, did you actually install your version to verify it?  Im going to try and install the version I have, the 580 meg one right now to see if it works or not.

hondaman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 07:18:14 pm »
I think the 580 meg version may be broken.  Nero says it has a block size problem.  I am going to discontinue seeding that, and download matts.

ipartola

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 08:59:54 pm »
Damn, I really would like to get my hands on this ISO. Too bad the torrent right now is not working for me. Once I get it I could mirror it via http for a while though.

matttwine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 09:05:48 pm »
torrent should work fine, quite a few people have jumped on board though so mite be quite slow until theres a few seeders

hondaman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 09:38:47 pm »
Ive put up 2 temporary mirrors on thise page:  http://www.neversfw.com/linux/

Dont worry, its safe for work :)

These mirrors are 100% temporary to help get ppl the files to seed.  Please please seed the files when you have completed the download!

chemdeath

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 09:59:25 pm »
Are any of these torrents the full installer?  and again are any of these torrents tested and verified.  I hate to waste the time downloading and hosting a torrent for a file that is useless.

Thank You,

Louis J. Landerman

hondaman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 10:05:14 pm »
I believe all the ones we are hosting/seeding now are the packages needed for the linuxmce installer.  You will need to dl and install ubuntu separately, then grab the initial linuxmce installer as described in the docs.

I havent personally tested this iso, but im gonna right now.

matttwine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 11:23:10 pm »
if any1 has managed to download it, can you please verify if it works...

i haven't managed to get it installed yet (no fault of linuxmce) but my own but would appreciate knowing this is a fully working iso

Annon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 11:46:50 pm »
I can confirm that your ISO has all of the packages on it, but I have yet to get the LinuxMCE installer to work. It either exits, saying it is finished without installing anything, or says it can't mount the cd.

I'm not sure why the installer couldn't just be set to look for the deb files in a given folder. Maybe this problem is why he was reworking the installer/disc for release tomorrow.

pestilence

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 12:22:55 am »
Digg this to increase torrent participation!

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 08:59:26 am »
The problem wasn't the size of the installer, it's tiny.  The problem was the installer was hardcoded to pull the actual 600mb of software from linuxmce.com, because I thought I'd be able to scale up gradually over time.  (oops :) ).  But don't worry, the new installer is working fine, and I'm doing a new build tonight too with only a few tweaks to work with it.  It takes about 6 hours to compile the LMCE source tree, so I'll test it in the morning and if I didn't screw anything up along the way, the link will be live tomorrow (Saturday).

pestilence

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 09:08:30 am »
FAR too long to wait!  I'm playing with the old .iso and I think it's gonna work.

intrinsic

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 10:29:39 am »
I'm currently trying an install with a tweaked version of the installer (Sorry paul, been hanging out to play with this since the devs at work pointed me to the demo video ;o) );

Initially I tried using the packages from already d/led ISO option but it was still trying to install from linuxmce.com.

So I pulled the installer apart, initially I tried dumping the iso into /var/linuxmce where it expects to find it after download but it doesn't check if the file exists prior to trying to pull it down so that didn't work.

Second aproach was to tweak the wget-wrapper.sh script to pull the iso from a host on my local network and use that rather than the one from linuxmce.com, so far so good but I haven't got to the actual "install" phase yet (39% of the way pulling the ISO via HTTP).

If you'd like to try yourself when the installer is running it creates /tmp/selfextract.XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is a random string), grab a copy of that while the installer is running and you can play with the backend scripts (just make sure you launch mce-installer from the directory with your modified scripts in it.)

Intrinsic

EDIT: Install has still failed, I've still yet to read the install log but I noticed it was still trying to pull the Package list from linuxmce.com, there were also an assortment of database errors, generally relating to pluto_main not exisiting, last log entry is "Package pluto-orbiter failed"

EDIT2: Upon further analysis it appears that the Core install was successful (although I had chosen a Hybrid install). Despite the errors in the log all (from what I can tell) the databases were created properly, the web interface mostly works (at least it seems to, there are a few pages with PHP errors though.), if the new installer hasn't been released tomorrow I'll have a look to see if I can bludgeon it into behaving itself...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:19:17 pm by intrinsic »

Mythor

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
    • The Biggest Loser Recap
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 02:10:12 pm »
I got it installed. :)
Using the info above from intrinsic about the iso trying to download to /var/linuxmce I tricked it into installing from the downloaded iso.

After you tell it to download the iso from the internet it brings up a window with a progress meter. Because it downloads the error page as the iso it finishes very quickly. Click Forward when it's done and STOP THERE.
Now if you go in and delete the broken ISO file from /var/linuxmce and instead insert the ISO from the torrent in its place (you'll need to use superuser to do it) you can continue the installation from there and it'll work.

Mostly. I got it installed and it loads and I can access the web panel configuration and all that jazz. But MythTV doesn't work and it disabled my monitor somehow so I have to try and read the text on my TV, which is impossible, so I've no idea what I'm clicking on that machine, etc.
But it does seem to work! :)

[Update]
One reboot later and the install is toast already. Not sure what I did but now it keeps complaining that the Orbiter can't register with the router. Oh well, wait for the proper release I suppose. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:00:19 pm by Mythor »