Author Topic: LinuxMCE 1.0 Installer Torrent  (Read 35284 times)

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE 1.0 Installer Torrent
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 03:02:29 pm »
So there's no point in downloading the bittorrent iso (the 680Mb one) because anyway it doesnt work with the installer, isnt it?

Can anyone confirm that they got linux mce working with that iso?

Thanks

Hugo

Annon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:12 pm »
I got it installed with the 680MB iso, but I can't get any of my media loaded in to it.

bazz

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 03:44:58 pm »
I got it installed with the 680MB iso, but I can't get any of my media loaded in to it.

Dumb question.....how are you installing the packages? Is there a script?

Mythor

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
    • The Biggest Loser Recap
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 04:30:58 pm »
The installer script is downloadable from the first post in this thread. It won't work "out of the box" though, you'll have to find a way to edit the script or fool it in some way.
If you don't already have it downloading I think you'd be better off waiting and seeing what happens when it's official up later today (hopefully) as you might end up needing a different ISO anyway. :)

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 06:17:46 pm »
The installer script is downloadable from the first post in this thread. It won't work "out of the box" though, you'll have to find a way to edit the script or fool it in some way.
If you don't already have it downloading I think you'd be better off waiting and seeing what happens when it's official up later today (hopefully) as you might end up needing a different ISO anyway. :)

That's the theory, but ritgh now no one has been able to do it right?

Hugo

Annon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 06:33:29 pm »
You guys don't need to "fool" anything. I did a fresh install of Ubuntu, and then ran the installer from the first post in this thread. I didn't have to install vim or do weird stuff like other people are suggesting. The only problem I had was with Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard.

snowcat2007

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 07:08:47 pm »
hi

i can confirm that the installer on the first page in this thread and the iso image from the piratebay torrent do  work. got linuxmce installed by manually moving the iso into the installer download folder as suggested above. now i stuck configuring the whole thing. does anyone know how to reconfigure from scratch, e.g. if you select the wrong video resolution?

snowcat2007

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 10:00:23 pm »
update: reinstalled the linuxmce from iso again and the installer let me choose the correct resolution, everything is working ok. need to figure out all the settings now, there are so many options....

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 11:37:22 pm »
I got the torrent, got a clean ubuntu edgy, and when Im trying to use the installer I see it sais i386, which obviously it hasnt worked in my amd64...

When the official installer is done, is linux mce going to be compatible with amd64 or is this only for intel and old amd's?

Hugo

Mythor

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
    • The Biggest Loser Recap
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2007, 11:45:48 pm »
That's the theory, but ritgh now no one has been able to do it right?
As I said earlier in the thread, yes, I got it to install.
You guys don't need to "fool" anything. I did a fresh install of Ubuntu, and then ran the installer from the first post in this thread. I didn't have to install vim or do weird stuff like other people are suggesting. The only problem I had was with Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard.
Then you're very lucky? It didn't work for me. My Ubuntu install was as fresh as could be and it wouldn't work. :)

Forgot to add, I did install vim first as suggested elsewhere. No idea if that did anything or not though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:47:43 pm by Mythor »

MagnusT

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 03:13:18 am »
The downloaded iso I had got through the torrent needed to be renamed from linuxMCE.iso to linux-mce.iso to get the installer to find it and use it. And of course place in /var/linuxme during install to overwrite the empty file the failed installer-download created...