Author Topic: MythTV using Raid Media Array Only  (Read 2478 times)

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
MythTV using Raid Media Array Only
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:30:27 am »
Hi Guys

Just in final stages of setting up my linuxmce system to go into test production.

I have a 250gb sata drive with linuxmce installed on and 4 x 2tb drives in a RAID 5 array for media.

Whats the easiest way to change mythtv to only store shows to the raid array and not the 250gb drive which is what it is set for at moment. Even though I told it not to use the internal drive when linuxmce detected it.

Regards

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV using Raid Media Array Only
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:32 am »
it should only use drives that are marked as "use automatically" and should default the the drive with the most free space.
if that isnt enough, you can force each recording profile to use a specific storage group, and the system creates separate storage groups for each drive. you do have to set that for each show that you want to record, but it is an option at least.

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:18:33 am »
Well I don't even have an entry in devices for the 250gb drive,
I have checked the raid array and that didn't have the use automatically so I set that but it's still not showing as usable in mythweb.
Do I need to do anything in myth setup?

Regards

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:23:55 pm »
Possible suggestion

What I did in my install after adding a 2 tb storage drive, is mount /home/public/data to the new drive after copying my data to it; yes I know its not the linuxMCE way, my apologizes.

Also what I have found with previous testing (playing the fool), if you making changes to directories within myth, these changes are replaced by a setup script for myth (a perl script), on a router reload and on restart. You may need reflect you changes within this script, for me I did this through a simple if statement to reflect a local disk on an MD.