Author Topic: Android or Iphone media browsing in LinuxMCE  (Read 7682 times)

Raginglynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Running for performance
Android or Iphone media browsing in LinuxMCE
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:17:30 am »
Hi,

I've been looking for LinuxMCE videobrowsing functionality in the forums, but haven't found any.
What I have found is the weborbiter and the touchorbiters that works as remote control in cool ways,
but what I've been looking for exactly is browsing ON the remote itself with playback on the TV or projector.

Rgds,
Raginglynx

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Android or Iphone media browsing in LinuxMCE
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:55 am »
I believe I don't really get your question. You want to select a movie on the phone and play it on tv, right?
That is what you can do with web- and touchorbiter...

locutus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:34 pm »
That is exactly what the orbiter lets you do, and if you search Qorbiter on youtube you can cool new ways to browse media in some of the videos.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:02:13 pm »
Possibly the OP is talking about upnp or Airplay type of functionality? It's not too clear.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:46 am »
Hi,

I've been looking for LinuxMCE videobrowsing functionality in the forums, but haven't found any.
What I have found is the weborbiter and the touchorbiters that works as remote control in cool ways,
but what I've been looking for exactly is browsing ON the remote itself with playback on the TV or projector.

Rgds,
Raginglynx

If i understand, you are looking for an orbiter. Currently the touch orbiter was released and accepted for iOS and i believe you can find it in the app store, and we also have an android orbiter in the works. Its pretty unstable at the moment but if you search google market you can experiment. Its under active development at the moment.

cheers
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.