Author Topic: mce 10.04 pluto-xine-player on virtualbox : how to play mkv  (Read 2684 times)

Rino

• View Profile
mce 10.04 pluto-xine-player on virtualbox : how to play mkv
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:27:32 am »
Hi folks,

I'm new to LinuxMCE (ver 10.04) , an tackling one problem at a time, this is my first attemp via chat rooms.  so here goes

I've setup a virtual box (Sun's version) and got the ubuntu up and running, I played many avi, mp4 ... but keeps failing on mkv files, I've install gnome-mplayer to test in case it wasn't support, but I'm able to play mkv file and works great on gnome-mplayer, but LinuxMCE keeps failing, it would seem that it pluto-xine doesn't like it, keeps failing at libvdpau_nvidia.so , it can't find or and when i put a sym link to it. it fails at sharing.  I'm not  familiar with xine so , has anyone got the pluto-xine working on vbox with mkv files?

I'm using LinuxMCE 10.04, I've tried to do apt-get update and upgrades , but that didn't help. all links found said it was fix on this version.  obviously i didn't really expect for it to fix it, i don't get that type of luck. But since gnome-player works and vbox doesn't use the nvidia.  it a ' InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter' , thier has to be a way to get a vdpau or a driver  to work with pluto-xine for the mkv

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: mce 10.04 pluto-xine-player on virtualbox : how to play mkv
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:26:23 am »
Hi folks,

I'm new to LinuxMCE (ver 10.04) , an tackling one problem at a time, this is my first attemp via chat rooms.  so here goes

I've setup a virtual box (Sun's version) and got the ubuntu up and running, I played many avi, mp4 ... but keeps failing on mkv files, I've install gnome-mplayer to test in case it wasn't support, but I'm able to play mkv file and works great on gnome-mplayer, but LinuxMCE keeps failing, it would seem that it pluto-xine doesn't like it, keeps failing at libvdpau_nvidia.so , it can't find or and when i put a sym link to it. it fails at sharing.  I'm not  familiar with xine so , has anyone got the pluto-xine working on vbox with mkv files?

I'm using LinuxMCE 10.04, I've tried to do apt-get update and upgrades , but that didn't help. all links found said it was fix on this version.  obviously i didn't really expect for it to fix it, i don't get that type of luck. But since gnome-player works and vbox doesn't use the nvidia.  it a ' InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter' , thier has to be a way to get a vdpau or a driver  to work with pluto-xine for the mkv

vdpau is nvidia only, I think there lies your problem. Something not right with the driver?
Can you play other film formats?

Rino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:06:11 pm »
Yes I can play other format, and I know that vdpau is for nvidia, so I'm

1) looking to disable that so it doesn't try to use it.
2) find a way to play mkv on xine without using the vdpau.

So if you know of any drivers that xine could use to play mkv other the vdpau, please let me know, it would be appreciated.

Rino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:35:13 am »
Ok folks, after talking to chat groups with a bunch of folks,  basically the solution was rename the file to a m2ts , then rescan,  at this point xine will forward it to the blue ray when will then play it.  but do not add it in as blue-ray as that just hung it. well it did for me. the renaming was all i needed.

Note: local files on the system where choppy and went out of synch , nas server was just choppy.

also some mkv show up as m3u instead of mkv and even after renaming it to m2ts, it still show up as m3u. so that another battle to solve.