Author Topic: Z-Wave Compatibility?  (Read 2968 times)

cengbrecht

• View Profile
Z-Wave Compatibility?
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:47:04 pm »
Are all Z-wave Devices compatible with LinuxMCE in that you can adjust what each device does or do they have special parameters associated with them?
I was interested in a general temp sensor, but it also has about 15 other sensors. :P

Let me know what the thoughts are on this. :)
Thanks.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Z-Wave Compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
not all z-wave devices are automatically supported, but most classes of device have templates now. your best bet is to look and see if theres a template for it or a similar device from another manufacturer, or look in the source code for support.
it would help to know exactly which device you are looking at too. if its not supported, we can suggest one that is.

cengbrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:29:02 am »
not all z-wave devices are automatically supported, but most classes of device have templates now. your best bet is to look and see if theres a template for it or a similar device from another manufacturer, or look in the source code for support.
it would help to know exactly which device you are looking at too. if its not supported, we can suggest one that is.

This specifically was what I was looking at, but not because its got a craptonne of features. :P
http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-HSM100-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor-P438.aspx
Mostly because it does temp sensing, and if set up you could use it to turn on a local heater for a room to manage the temps. :)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »
the hsm100 works fine
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation