Author Topic: dianemo video fileing  (Read 4629 times)

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
dianemo video fileing
« on: December 21, 2011, 01:46:05 am »
I am sure this will be really close to linuxmce... but how do I file all of the Animaniacs Episodes under a single file folder in my videos display.... and Season 1 under that and so fourth.... and season 2..... ect... thanks.... v/r
Nate

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: dianemo video fileing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 05:23:40 am »
There is currently no provision to do that.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:55 am »
Thanks for the reply. (o:`,

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:55:45 am »
I have just copied some videos to my videos directory by creating a subfolder with the series name e.g. 'House'. Then a subfolder called 'Season 1'. Then all the files.

For me this appears under video on the orbiter as a single item called 'House' above all the files in the 'videos' root directory. If I browse into the 'series' folder I see 'Season 1' and if I browse into 'Season 1' I can select and play the episodes.

As an example, the first 'video' when viewing the video media on an orbiter is a folder called 'House' followed by the film 'Avatar' (being the first film in the videos folder).

Does this mean my install is corrupt? This seems to be the behaviour evilecho was requesting.

I am worried because when I choose video on my orbiters I see 'SAMSUNG_HD103UJ', which is the name of my HDD, rather than the list of videos I am used to. I then need to drill down to see the media on that HDD.

Barney

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
It means you have sorted your video list by filename. This can be changed in the web admin on the Orbiter page. However, this means, if you have multiple drives, and you spread your videos over multiple drives, you will not be able to have all in one list, but must know, where on the disks (or the NASes), your videos are. It is not the recommended setup, but is often used by people, who are used to more simple media player that don't see the whole picture, but just the directory structure.

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 10:38:17 am »
Thanks Posde, that makes sense.
Barney

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 02:15:28 am »
Yea... that could work for me, but I plan on having another NAS to my setup before the new year.... and the wife doesnt like new "menu's"... We can make due with this for right now.

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:12 am »
Wouldn't it be cool to both have the cookie and eat it? What if a dir could be treated as a dir in the video menu. Instead of all files in the dir being showed, the dir itself could be showed first, then if you enter the dir, season, and if you enter a season, then the episodes

Media -> video -> "tv-show" -> "season" -> episode

If that would be possible then it wouldn't be a hassle with multiple drives. It´s out of my reach but maybe it could be a low priority feature request for a rainy day?

BR Daniel and BTW merry xmas to everybody

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:14:57 am »
There are already plans of enhancing ways videos, especially recorded TV shows, are presented.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »
Mabey something like specifically named .txt or .lmce file in the directories that you want to do something other then just list the media.