Author Topic: LinuxMCE XBMC Media Metadata Import  (Read 3374 times)

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
LinuxMCE XBMC Media Metadata Import
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:05:20 pm »
I'm working on a media metadata import utility for XBMC.  What I have is a XBMC windows box with some of my media backups on it.  The plan is to setup the media as share(s) and then use the export function within XBMC to puke the database into a single XML file that will be used to tag everything in LinuxMCE with.  Once the metadata is added to the LinuxMCE database, UpdateMedia will create .id3 tags for all of the files.

I have a script that automates the process, just working out the bugs on it.  What I want to do next is add it to the web admin.  From a user's perspective, it should be as easy as selecting the XBMC videodb.xml file in our web admin, and then drink beer until it finishes.  If there is anyone out there who has media in XBMC they want to import into LinuxMCE already tagged, please let me know as I'll be looking for someone to help me test it before I get it folded in to the system.

Hopefully this can help encourage some XBMC users that have been sitting on the LinuxMCE fence to jump over ;)

ZaPHoN

• View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE XBMC Media Metadata Import
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:06:52 pm »
I'd be willing to give this a try as I've been using xbmc for some time now.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:58:35 am »
What we need to do is write xbmc control into LMCE.

The we can go to SCALE, plug one in, and show what a neat device it makes under our system.

If you post your code somewhere I am eager to look at it. It would have to happen fast... 1004 is finna hit beta... that means feature freeze.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:07:32 am by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:43:40 am »
There was some talk about this a few years ago ... I saw it when looking up the XBMC control stuff when I discovered the Ouya will have out of box support for it... You can find the reference on it here with a forum search,... XBMC supports http based control commands... I supposed it could be configured as a LinuxMCE device, not unlike the controls for any other device,... but that's not my thing...

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).