Author Topic: Onscreen keyboard 10.04 keystrokes not going to web browser  (Read 232050 times)

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Onscreen keyboard 10.04 keystrokes not going to web browser
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 05:35:06 am »
Sorry JaseP, no luck on that.

I actually already have the solution, I just need to learn the language of program and PK naming to implement it.

When you have two similar things and one works but the other doesn't.  You can start by asking what one is doing wrong or you can ask what one is doing right.

The standard roaming orbiter sends its keyboard commands to the browser just fine.  The on-screen orbiter does not.  My first step will be to find the object associated with the roaming orbiter's buttons and see what they do.  Apply that to the objects (buttons) associated with the on-screen keyboard and it should just be a matter of changing that 102 times to have the clicks going to the browser.

The one monkey wrench I see possible and I will cross that bridge if it comes up is that pressing the keys on the virtual keyboard seems to deselect the browser window, that may be a function of orbiter intercepting the command and sending it somewhere else, I haven't tested that much yet.

The last parameter I found interesting was that the name field for these buttons contained no entries.  It states clearly in the ADD popup that if you dont specify a name the command goes to DCE.  I will need to tinker some but I am certain one of the thought trains above will get me there.  I also have webBrowser and webMozilla to sort out, but again once I figure out where quickdesigner is hiding the roaming orb keyboard commands I will know a lot more.

Thanks for this project, it kicked me in the butt to finally get into designer and really seeing this process.

I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Onscreen keyboard 10.04 keystrokes not going to web browser
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 09:00:13 am »
Of course things never end up as easy as you expect them to be.

I am still working on this however and will get it resolved.  The problem at the moment is, I am not sure the keyboard buttons I am altering are the correct keyboard buttons, the orbiter keyboard buttons I was checking device data on may or may not be the orbiter buttons and the device I am telling all these buttons to go to may or may not be the browser.

Either QuickDesigner is not the proper tool for this or I do not yet know how to look for things in it.  So far I can not have it produce a list of device #s or action #s.  These would be extremely helpful in testing.  The menus I am able to navigate actually show about 13 varieties of *browser* so at this point I am somewhat guessing when I make changes.  Also the "where used" option does not seem to be working, that alone could be used to give me the screen where the mousepad is used,  I could query objects in that screen and know exactly where those buttons send their outputs.  This is what I thought I had already with device -300 which again I am not sure what device that actually is.

Last, something that really confuses me about the onscreen keyboard is that with no changes at all the buttons sometimes work.  I believe this is due to a stay active command for the browser.  Click on the browser and you get a flashing cursor where you would enter text.  When you move down to the onscreen keyboard the mouse icon changes to a large cross, clicking on the keyboard buttons then makes the keyboard active and deactivates the browser.  To break this function, navigate to a page with saved username or password fields (or probably any site with this type of drop down menu) begin entry into the username field until a drop down menu appears. Now when you move the mouse icon down to the keyboard the icon does not change shape and ONE button click will make it through to the browser.

Thoughts on the above work around:  Because no button I found was mapped to a specific application and was instead blank indicating the command should be sent to DCE, the fix for this may not be in keyboard button settings at all, but in the change from "mouse position over browser" and "mouse position over virtual keyboard."  Again I have maybe two hours into tinkering with this only at this point.

Does anyone happen to know of a live DL location for HADesigner?  Some of the search tips and commands I am getting are for use in that program.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.