Author Topic: AirPlay Testing  (Read 3029 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
AirPlay Testing
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:54:14 pm »
Posde/Foxi352

I've been fiddling with AirPlay, and I'm not sure based on ticket 1157 (http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/1157) what is supposed to be working/not yet working. I'm not sure if this is considered ready for testing, so my apologies if this is rushing things...

• Each quick reload router appears to create a new Airplay instance on my iOS devices (I managed to get rid of duplicates by killing all processes with "AirPlay" in their name, removing the device lock from /usr/pluto/locks/, and doing a router reload)
  • The ticket seems to suggest that playing via AirPlay is intended to result in the Orbiter Remote populating with data. On my system this doesn't happen (orbiter seems to have no knowledge of AirPlay)
  • There seems to be some sort of conflict for access to the sound card output. On my Hybrid, Xine usually has no problem outputting sound. AirPlay generally won't output sound (it appears to be playing on my iPhone, but no sound output). I once (through some combination of router reloads and regenerating the plugin and player devices) got AirPlay to output sound: when I stopped the song on my iPhone, and tried to start playing through Xine, there was no output. It appears that Xine or AirPlay gets access. Note that I'm not trying to have both output sound simultaneously.

I have upgraded to the latest packages, and also uninstalled/reinstalled the devices through webadmin multiple times. Let me know if there's further testing I can do to help.

Cheers,

Dave

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: AirPlay Testing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 07:20:50 pm »
According to http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/AirPlay_Streamer there is supposed to be an AirPlay Streamer with AirPlay Players as children. Perhaps the wiki is outdated, or the devices aren't being installed correctly for me? See my device tree attached.

Thanks,

Dave

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »
On my 10.04 installation there's an AirPlay plugin under the DCERouter section.

I cannot make it work in this version, but the 10.04 I installed 3-4 weeks ago was working out of the box.
Look at the error log for the AirPlay plugin, I get lots of errors in it, like:
<code>
Query failed (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)): UPDATE Device SET Registered=0,psc_mod=psc_mod WHERE PK_Device=16 (1) <0x70ad8b70>
Connect failed Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) <0x70ad8b70>
</code>

/Joakim

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:39 pm »
Yup, I get that same error.

Also noticed that I need to have the iphone music player app open and in the foreground when the airplay devices start or else the iphone doesn't see the airplay devices.