Author Topic: more than one Internet Radio Streams behind a "group button" ??  (Read 4211 times)

Roman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
more than one Internet Radio Streams behind a "group button" ??
« on: November 24, 2011, 04:54:26 pm »
Hi!
Yesterday I inserted 2 Internet Radio Streams to my LinuxMCE 8.10.
It worked great with the description on the wiki.
I was happy that I got it working so easy BUT then I saw how it will be displayed on the MDs UI1 or UI2. Each Webstream gets one Button (UI1) or entry (UI2) - which is not very comfortable for inserting more Internet Radio Streams.

My question is if there is any method to group different Radio streams behind one "button". For example some Radio Stations from a specific country or with specific content.
I am not talking about x-hundret internet radio streams to be imported!

Are there any ideas or methods to do this?

Thank you and best regards
Roman

toppot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: more than one Internet Radio Streams behind a "group button" ??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »
I did this with playlist... Then each playlist item is a channel, and the individual lists will be your groupings.

(And then I kept the station I would be using 95% of the time as a direct selectable scenario from the orbiters media group...)

-Tony

Roman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:55:50 am »
Hi Tony!
Thank you for your reply with your method! It sounds great that it works.
May I ask you to describe your method with more details? I am new on LinuxMCE and so it would be very helpful to get a step by step guide.
Roman

toppot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »
Hi Tony!
Thank you for your reply with your method! It sounds great that it works.
May I ask you to describe your method with more details? I am new on LinuxMCE and so it would be very helpful to get a step by step guide.
Roman

Hi Roman,

Not sure I remember exactly how I got there, but pretty sure it was not the direct way ???
If I find the time I will cook up something, otherwise you can play around a bit, part of the key is creating playlist from the orbiter, and then in webinterface adjust content and media-metadata for these streams.. Only caveat so far is that even if the selector for playlists and even media streams does show the "Title" attribute, when actually playing the "remote" (remote function in an orbiter) will show the filename (i.e. the stream url) - which is typically kind of ugly... I did consider making a local file (with a "nicer looking" name, that only points to the proper url, but did not get there....

Perhaps others now how to get the player interface to show "Title" instead of "Filename"?..

If you succeed then please let us now - if I find the time I will post here... And if neither materialize after some time, then feel free to bump this back before my eyes :-)
(I might be spending most of my time with 1004 going ahead, since DVB-cards are much better supported there)

-Tony

mhorst

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »
Bump.

Anybody got this working on 0810? The method on the wiki works fine. But I am unable to create a playlist with a list of internet radio stations. As soon as the file is not found (i.e. I change the meta-data from an actual file to an URL), the playlist refuses to start.

dirkcolaert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:58:48 am »
Hi, what worked for me:
- I followed the procedure described in the wiki. I needed two radio stations and so I created 2 scenario buttons. This apparently creates entries in the file table in the pluto database.
- I created a playlist called Radio and I added the two entries in the playlist (using the web LinuxMCE interface). I found the entries by scrolling through the list (the file name starts with the path part separated from it) for me the entry looks like radio1-high.mp3 while the full url = http:something  (I forgot).
-Afterwards I changed one of the added scenario's, called it Radio and in the command section changed the command into 'load Playlist' where I entered the number of my playlist (in my case 1) (look up in File&Media-> playlist)
- Then I deleted the second scenario (which was only meant to create the media file entry)
P.S. afterwards I added other staions by directly adding files in the file table entry in the pluto database but this is a little bit more tricky

The result of all this is that I have one scenraio button called 'radio'. When I click on it, the playlist opens with all my radio stations listed.

hope this helps
Dirk

mhorst

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:30:00 pm »
Thanks, it helped. I now have a working set of internet radio stations :)

One issue: sometimes after I modify the playlist and try to play it, it doesn't work and the DCERouter log shows "Play playlist  in entertain area  but nothing to handle it". I'm not sure what causes it.
At first I thought some of the URLs I added were faulty, but when I reduced the list back to a set of URLs that I had tested before, it still did not work.
As a test I put a real mp3 file at the top of the playlist (containing 1 second of silence), and since then it hasn't occurred, but I haven't done much editing since that either.

By the way, I found a way to give those entries the name I want, instead of the filename.
On the DCERouter, I added Redirect entries to the file /var/www/.htaccess, i.e. I added a line:
Code: [Select]
Redirect /Radio2 http://shoutcast.omroep.nl:8102This way playing http://192.168.80.1/Radio2 redirects to the actual URL, and I get the entry "Radio2" in my playlist, instead of "shoutcast.omroep.nl:8102".