Author Topic: Strange ZWave issue (ERROR: ZW_SEND could not be delivered to Z-Wave stack)  (Read 3056 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
This issue has returned for me, and I'm finally fed up with it. I've removed and paired my lights far too many times only to have the problem creep back again and again.

If I'm going to replace the Z-stick am I best to go with another Z-stick (I'm assuming mine has the hardware bug Hari mentioned) or is there a trustier alternative?

Cheers

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
I finally got around to investigating more and I think I just made a discovery. I stripped down my Z-wave network to just one lamp module, which I plugged into the end of a long extension cable. Lamp module in one hand, mobile phone orbiter in the other, I started next to my core turning on/off the light repeatedly watching the green LED on the module flicker and then slowly moved away from the AEON Z-stick. I got no further than about 7 feet, still with a clear direct line of sight, before the module's responsiveness became intermittent.

Anyone know if this is normal or if my z-stick is a lemon?

I set down the module (node 1) a couple feet from the z-stick, paired a second module-on-an-extension-cord (node 2) to the Z-stick, started next to node1 and walked around watching for the LED. Low and behold I could walk around pretty much anywhere in the house and get consistent reception! So now with my all my other devices added, and one lamp module sacrificed as a crutch to my Z-stick, I finally have a (so far) reliable Z-wave network...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:46:43 am by davegravy »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
7 feet sounds like a broken antenna connector in the stick or some other hardware defect..
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Strange ZWave issue (ERROR: ZW_SEND could not be delivered to Z-Wave stack)
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 03:31:51 pm »
Bought a new Z-stick (MCV apparently won't support my old one  >:()

Problem solved. Reliable Z-wave operation at long last!

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Strange ZWave issue (ERROR: ZW_SEND could not be delivered to Z-Wave stack)
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:06 pm »
congrats!
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation