1. Download LMCE 8.10 Final and burn to disk. http://linuxmce.iptp.org/release/LinuxMCE-8.10-final.iso
2. Have patients. Everytime I rushed, I got burned when installing. Make sure Internet access is functional.
3. Install LMCE. This is a 2 part process. First,
it installs Kubuntu 8.10 and takes you to KDE desktop. From the terminal of kubuntu you further need to do apt-get update* and then apt-get dist-upgrade. Second
, Install LMCE from Kubuntu desktop (install icon)
* is to indicate that I suspect some repository issue that you have to overcome according to http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12083.0.html
. I would like to know how you resolve this if you would.
4. Let it go through it's motions. sometimes you don't see much happening but it is doing it's thing. May be a longer wait if Internet speeds are low.
5. This will bring you to AV Wizard and you'd have to configure it according to your desired setup.
6. You can't PXE boot any other connected MDs just as yet till you do /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh from KDE terminal. ( do not combine this with step 3 above)
7. refer to http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Category:Tutorials
when you want to explore. some are bit outdated but most are very useful.
PS. I am a newbi myself and finding my way around also. But above mentioned steps gives me good results when installing LMCE810Final