Author Topic: wiimote on 810 alpha2  (Read 16730 times)

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: wiimote on 810 alpha2
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 01:32:11 am »
Hey all,
I sure could use some help / ideas on that's going on with my setup. I went through the
Code: [Select]
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Nintendo_WiiMote guide, and well some times it works then some times it won't It's almost as if something is terminating the connection or the link is dying, because it'll stop working in the middle actually trying to use it. If any one is willing to offer a suggestion. I'd be grateful. Oh and one more thing I tried the template thing. Not sure if I set that up correctly as the admin site is some what confusing to me, but not the command line, that I have a modest understanding of.
Thanks

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:57:57 am by tux-box1 »

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 04:47:35 pm »
What kind of batteries are you using? Are they disposable or rechargeable?
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 08:29:35 pm »
Well their rechargeable, and they are charged. Interesting note tho.. After I rebooted the whole box it worked. IT WORKED   :) don't know what was going on or what I did but after a full reboot the wii mote worked. Now to figure out how to keep the thing form losing it's connection on idle. It's not like it was, just when I put the remote down for the duration of a movie let's say. When I pick it up I have to hit the red button again. I use the red button because I'm using the sensor bar form my wii.

kiwibum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:16 am »
It's not on the Orbiter's page, because it's not an Orbiter.

The Device Template # is 1954.. it's the one called Wii Remote. Which you can find if you go to advanced > configuration > device templates, and type in Wii in the device template drop down.

As you can see, a complete device template, with a package to install when detected. If you drill down into it, you'll see the package is called lmce-wiimote-support ...

If you dig into that package, you'll notice there is a postinst script that gets run as part of the package installation that does all the work.

There is EVEN a part in the device template to select whether you want to use the IR or Accelerometer as your pointing device.

As I said. Been there. Done the work, something broke, and it would be nice if those interested could track down the issue and fix it.

-Thom

Hi Thom
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I've tried using Device Template #1954 for adding a Wii-mote, however when I sync the Wii-mote I just get the option to ignore the MAC or select a phone associated with it. I'm slowly searching through to see how you have implemented it, from what I can tell I have all the packages.

My question: Would you please clarify your statement "something broke"? Does this mean it is no longer working as expected, still needs work etc? I've searched through all your posts for the last 12 months and read the post you made regarding your thoughts on setting this up. However I haven't found anything more about it. The wiki on the Wii-mote is old and doesn't mention using the device template. I'm not asking anyone to fix it I'm requesting for information and the state of play on it so I can be more useful to the project.

Happy to skype if it's easier to talk than type.
Thanks
Steve

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »
What a difference a year makes.

This code was merely a stop gap, until somebody came around and wrote something better...

Well, nobody has written anything better, so I have been picking up the torch.

I am writing a proper Wii Remote driver that follows the specifications I've outlined here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/New_Wii_Remote_Driver

and here:
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,10702.0.html

The current Wii Remote support as it stands is damned near nonexistant.  And will be until I get a new driver written. As I am both a core developer of this project, and I also have a real life doing work and solving problems for others, this will get done when it gets done.

-Thom

EDIT: In the mean time, I finished working on a USB Gamepad driver to control Orbiter, and it is currently in the 10.04 branch, and needs testers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:29:26 pm by tschak909 »

toppot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 02:01:30 pm »

EDIT: In the mean time, I finished working on a USB Gamepad driver to control Orbiter, and it is currently in the 10.04 branch, and needs testers.

Just one question: I am wondering if your work towards the new WiiMote driver will be available in 810, or if it is "reserved" for 1010 (or is it 1004)?... Or put another way: Should we all now migrate to 1010, since all new developments and problem solving will be done there (unless we have a 100% working 810, that we are not going to expand)??

I now for sure I am going to implement the WiiMote - this cheap device makes soo much sense as an orbiter... (well actually as a remote for the UI orbiter).

-Tony

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 02:08:43 pm »
All of my development is happening on the LinuxMCE-1004 branch, (It is temporarily halted, due to real life circumstances, I have to work...)

As to whether it will be backported to 0810, that wouldn't be done until I knew for sure that it would be possible without underlying system changes.

-Thom