Author Topic: Getting errors while coping some dvd's  (Read 3270 times)

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Getting errors while coping some dvd's
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »
Hey been coping my entire dvd collection to my core/hybrid, while ~95% of the DVD's copied fine and with out issue. Their were a few that didn't copy, rather they just hung their at XX% completed as seen in pending tasks. The only way I could get the movies to the core was to use handbrake. That worked, but I'd rather keep all the same file type on my core. *.dvd(*.iso) just for consistency sake.
Any ideas of what might be happing here?

I also have another problem. My video seams jittery, choppy, jerky, especially if I'm trying to watch one movie while coping another.
I can see the refresh line move through the screen, sometimes. I've asked others at my house if they see it, some do others don't. I don't know if this is a problem with my video card Nvidia 9500 or a problem with my 5400 rpm data drive.

video card = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121339
hard drive = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152245
I can post the rest of the system specks if required.

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Getting errors while coping some dvd's
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:37:06 am »
From my own experiences, not all DVDs can be ripped to the hard drive with LMCE... I too had to use another program.   However, the .dvd extension is the same as a .iso file.. just rename them to .dvd.

As for jerky video.. is it fine while just watching a movie?   Are you ripping a disc to the same drive that the movie is being played from?   If so, it may just be a limitation... you may also try installing a newer nVidia driver.. Im running 185 right now   and HD video is much better.

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:39:30 am by ardirtbiker »

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 04:12:16 am »
with regards to the jittery, choppy, jerky video please give us a little more info:

1) which UI are you using?  so when in the AV wizard did you pick 'static images', 'OpenGL with overlay' or OpenGL with alpha blending'
2) which driver are you using for hardware acceleration?  in Web admin > Devices > Media directors look under 'hardware acceleration' to find the driver name - you should be able to use 'vdpau' with your card (I believe).  I have had an issue previously with the 'xv' driver that results in the video getting choppier and choppier with each new video played, this gets better again by reloading the router - I have no idea if this is still an issue.   

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 11:26:04 pm »
Posted by: ardirtbiker
Insert Quote
From my own experiences, not all DVDs can be ripped to the hard drive with LMCE... I too had to use another program.   However, the .dvd extension is the same as a .iso file.. just rename them to .dvd.

As for jerky video.. is it fine while just watching a movie?   Are you ripping a disc to the same drive that the movie is being played from?   If so, it may just be a limitation... you may also try installing a newer nVidia driver.. Im running 185 right now   and HD video is much better.

Dennis
Is it fine while just watching a movie. -> NO.
I'll try up dating the nvidia driver and see what happens.
Posted by: Techstyle
Insert Quote
with regards to the jittery, choppy, jerky video please give us a little more info:

1) which UI are you using?  so when in the AV wizard did you pick 'static images', 'OpenGL with overlay' or OpenGL with alpha blending'
2) which driver are you using for hardware acceleration?  in Web admin > Devices > Media directors look under 'hardware acceleration' to find the driver name - you should be able to use 'vdpau' with your card (I believe).  I have had an issue previously with the 'xv' driver that results in the video getting choppier and choppier with each new video played, this gets better again by reloading the router - I have no idea if this is still an issue.   

1) i'm using UI version 2 with alpha blending.
2) xv, I'll change it to vdpau, update the drivers and post results.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:37:28 am »
I would switch to Ui2 with overlay there was a tearing issue with UI2 with alpha blending

You definately should be using vdpau though

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:00 am »
Ok so ive been trying to update the nvidia drivers to the latest I found on their web page. The installer keeps telling me I gave xorg server running. I have killed every xprocess on the box what am I missing ?

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:26:05 pm »
i finally got the drivers updated to the latest form nvidia's web page.
I changed the Hardware acceleration to vdpau i also changed the Deinterlace Quality to vdpau. The video quality looks better. Only time will tell if this is fixed.