Author Topic: Question Re. media file sync  (Read 2966 times)

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Question Re. media file sync
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:42:20 pm »
For some reason, my video list shows all lmce setup videos and my photo screen saver pulles pictures from my own pic folder along side the flicker pics.
Any idea how to fix this ?

Thnx
Itsik

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Question Re. media file sync
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:13:09 pm »
sounds like you pressed the resync button with the home, public, or data directory selected, so it imported everything. Ideally LMCE would stop you from doing this, but it's not been foolproofed entirely yet.

Best solution might be to clear your media database and then resync just the video and audio folders.

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:36:17 pm »
Thank you for your reply.
I did just that, but after some time it started pulling the setup files into the media list again.
Any idea what else could be causing this ?

thnx
itsik

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »
If it pulls the data in again, this means you have probably defined your disk drive devices wrongly. Make sure not to mess with the definition of the disk drives. For example, you might have added the drive that contains the root dir to the device data base. Check that, and make sure you keep the root drive out of your device tree.

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:19:53 pm »
Thnx possy.

Checked everything but can't see anything wrong with the definitions. It looks like the whole installation went bad because the system works vary slow and erratically, I think I'm going to reinstall and see what happens ...

Itsik