Author Topic: PXE boot for new MDs not finding config file or default  (Read 2290 times)

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
PXE boot for new MDs not finding config file or default
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:58 pm »
I had a 0710 install working, but then the HDD died, and I am not doing a 0810 install using the same hardware.  I have gotten to the point where I turn on a MD and it should PXE boot as before and be detected by the core, but it is not, it fails to find pxelinux.cfg/<mac address> or pxelinux.cfg/default

I checked to see that there is nothing at all in my /tftproot/pxelinux.cfg/ folder, and I also found a post where they had the same problem (http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,2717.0.html).  This machine is getting .80.131 as an IP, which doesn't show in my Unknown Devices screen on the admin.

I tried to manually add a MD, so when I go to the device screen to add it, and I select Add Device on the Media Directors page, it automatically selects "Media Director < Computers" as the device filter (type 8), but there is nothing in the device template to choose from!  It says if I know the template id I can just type it, so I tried type 8 but that doesn't work.  Any suggestions on how to add the media directors?

Oh, I did look at this:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MDs_Do_Not_Network_%28PXE%29_Boot
That doesn't seem to apply, this is a new install on a system that used to work fine.

Also, I noticed in the DVD Installation section of the install guide it says to run a diskless setup command.  I did not do a DVD install but I am now running the command anyway to see if this fixes the issue.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:38:40 am by nosebreaker »

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PXE boot for new MDs not finding config file or default
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:46:58 am »
Yes that fixed it, even though I did not do a DVD installation it was still necessary to run the Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh script.