Author Topic: Security Config - Backup Alarm Disarm  (Read 2538 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Security Config - Backup Alarm Disarm
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »
Hi all,

I'm planning my security system, and will be using my smartphone as the primary means of changing house modes and accessing security features.

In the instance that my smartphone battery dies (or cell network goes down, etc) I'm wondering what backup interface people typically use to enter their home. I was initially thinking of using a Z-wave door lock and having a keyed-unlock event disarm the house, but I read that LMCE doesn't support Z-wave door locks (yet).

I could place a tablet orbiter near the inside of the house entrance or something, but it's not ideal from a cost or wiring POV.

Cheers,

Dave

locutus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Security Config - Backup Alarm Disarm
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:24 pm »
you might want to talk to hari, if you buy 2 door locks and send him 1 he might be able to add support for it

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:14 pm »
the Z-Wave door locks are US frequency only..

I have a Burg-Waechter TSE system, there is a contact closure remote available for it. KNX locks are available, too. My plan is to put RFID stickers into all my shoes (they're way cheap, got a bunch), dismantle the ACR122U usb reader and hook up a self made antenna that is hidden in the door mat. So standing on the mat will disarm the security system and unlock the door.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »
My plan is to put RFID stickers into all my shoes (they're way cheap, got a bunch), dismantle the ACR122U usb reader and hook up a self made antenna that is hidden in the door mat. So standing on the mat will disarm the security system and unlock the door.

br Hari

Waking up in a ditch with no shoes after a night of drinking will be even less fun... :P