Author Topic: Some help with scenario programming, if you please.  (Read 2020 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Some help with scenario programming, if you please.
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:54:08 pm »
 :)
Hi all. I have recently fully automated the AV devices in my living room. I am now trying to wrap my head around advanced scenarios.

Here is what I am working with:

LG 50PV450 - Device 132 - USB>Serial>Null-Modem controlled  (works swimmingly)
Dish ViP612K HD-DVR - Device 54 - Hooked up to HDMI 2 on the TV - Controlled by USB-UIRT Living Room
RCA STAV4090 AV Receiver - Device 85 - Using this for digital audio out of TV - Controlled by USB-UIRT Living Room

There is a scenario already generated for Live TV Dish DVR -
#2 PK_Device (int)   54
#45 PK_EntertainArea (string) 2 (Living Room)
#29 PK_MediaType (int) 11  (I assume this is the LiveTV type, as it exists on all my satellite receivers)

Here is what I would like to accomplish. Every morning at 0630, Monday thru Friday, I would like it to turn on the TV, and change it to local news channel 16.

I have unsuccessfully attempted a Timed Event laid out like the image I have attached to this post.
Perhaps if enough useful information is gathered on this post, I will create a wiki page on how to use advanced scenarios, with examples and a breakdown as to what the PK_Stuff - entries actually mean by definition as to what they do.

Best Regards, and Thanks in Advance,

Seth

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:33:56 pm by seth »
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Some help with scenario programming, if you please.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:02:08 am »
Seth,

You do not need to fill anything but the EA and the mediatype. The MH will figure out the rest of it.

As for tuning the channel, use the Tune to Channel command, rather than sending individual digits.

-Thom