Author Topic: Mythtv random key presses [Solved]  (Read 8702 times)

OnTarget

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Mythtv random key presses [Solved]
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:11:33 pm »
Hi People,

I recently upgraded my 1004 install and now mythtv randomly and frequently presses enter. So while watching livetv you get frequent "bookmark saved/cleared" messages, you can't use the guide because it changes channel almost straight away. It also happens in the recordings making it almost impossible to navigate. This only happens in mythtv, there is no problem with the overlay UI.

The problem occurs on both the core and the MD's.

I have no idea where to start to diagnose this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try avoid re-installing. Is there a way to just rebuild the mythtv portion of it?

1004 install
Quad core hybrid core
Asrock 330HT Media directors
iPhone/iPAD orbiters.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:44:05 am by OnTarget »

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: Mythtv random key presses
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:55:35 pm »
I have seen that before I think it does that if the signal is weak or gets interrupted.

Check your mythtv front end - tv playback settings  disable realtime. on the first page and try various settings on the 3rd page cpu -
works well and vdpau slim my work better depending on your HW

HTH

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »
Hi People,

I recently upgraded my 1004 install and now mythtv randomly and frequently presses enter. So while watching livetv you get frequent "bookmark saved/cleared" messages, you can't use the guide because it changes channel almost straight away. It also happens in the recordings making it almost impossible to navigate. This only happens in mythtv, there is no problem with the overlay UI.

The problem occurs on both the core and the MD's.

I have no idea where to start to diagnose this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try avoid re-installing. Is there a way to just rebuild the mythtv portion of it?

1004 install
Quad core hybrid core
Asrock 330HT Media directors
iPhone/iPAD orbiters.

Thanks.

Thats usually caused by the MythTV plugin... the plugin gets channel change events from somewhere. We used to see that a lot under our 0710 installs. Log a ticket for it if there is not one already.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

OnTarget

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:06:08 am »
@Tim
Not signal related as it happens in the myth menus as well eg: recordings.

@Andrew
I couldn't find an existing bug so added ticket #1258.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:57:52 am by OnTarget »

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »
I have also seen similar behaviour.

It is not signal related as I have seen it in setting menu of mythtv.

I had not linked that to the weird random bookmark messages on live tv but that makes sense now!

Regards

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm on 0810, and had a hardware failure on my Core this weekend. In the process of upgrading it I also upgraded my LinuxMCE. Since then I'm experiencing these random keypresses as well. I went from the avanard repo's back to the Linuxmce mythtv, I'm now on version 0.23:

Code: [Select]
reint@dcerouter:~$ sudo dpkg -l|grep mythtv
ii  lmce-mythtv-scripts                        2.0.0.44.11071324189                          <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  mythtv-backend                             0.23-0.1                          A personal video recorder application (serve
ii  mythtv-common                              0.23-0.1                          A personal video recorder application (commo
ii  mythtv-database                            0.23-0.1                          A personal video recorder application (datab
ii  mythtv-doc                                 0.23-0.1                          A personal video recorder application (docum
ii  mythtv-frontend                            0.23-0.1                          A personal video recorder application (clien
ii  pluto-mythtv-includes                      2.0.0.44.11071324189                          <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  pluto-mythtv-player                        2.0.0.44.11071324189                          <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  pluto-mythtv-plugin                        2.0.0.44.11071324189                          <insert up to 60 chars description>

You guys still having this problem or do you know of a fix for this?

Regards,
Reint.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:22 pm »
IT WAS MY FAULT, GUYS.. SORRY.

This has been fixed and committed. If this bug made it to 0810 on accident, then a new mythTV player will need to be made.

Basically this is what happened:

I had made a replacement screen for 1004 to replace the awkward MythTV is displaying something other than TV screens for on-screen orbiters.

To facilitate this, I had replaced the Get Video Frame command, to output a complete picture of the Mythfrontend window to present on the orbiters (which it updates frequently)... The resulting designer screens were checked into sqlCVS accidentally.

To make matters more interesting, during the branch move from 0810 to 1004, I had lost this chunk of code that I was experimenting with, so I had to rewrite it again...so, why was this needing to be rewritten? well...

the ORIGINAL get video frame command never worked properly, it tried to send a command to mythTV to take a screenshot, which, had the unfortunate side effect of sending keypresses to the myth Ui and just making a total mess. Combine that with the fact that this was happening multiple times, yes, all hell broke loose.

So, to fix:

* I wrote the Get Video Frame code from memory
* I merged in Simulate Mouse Click from memory, to deal with mouse presses inside the viewable frame.

This fixes the problem.

Again, sorry guys that this happened. My bad.

-Thom

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:45 pm »
Hi Thom,

Glad to see you're still human, even you make a coding mistake sometimes...  ;D
I'm just happy you spotted this as a bug.

Apparently this made it into the 0810 branch as well then. Anything I can do myself to solve this? Add/update the trac ticket?

Regards,
Reint.

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:53 pm »
Hi guys,

This week I have setup the build environment for 0810. I rebuilt the Pluto-mythtv-player package and installed it on my running core. Unfortunately I am still experiencing these random key presses, Watching live TV is doable, but the guide and watch recordings are terrible. Any thoughts on a solution?

Thanx!
Reint.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »
hmm.

I asked the 0810 manager to pull the code from the 1004 branch and backport it.

-Thom

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 06:54:19 pm »
Thx Thom!

Very much appreciated! I'll try it again later this week then, when I'm back home.

Thnx,
Reint.

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
Better yet (so i hope)

I'm trying to build MythtvPlayer from the 1004 branch into my 0810 build environment...will this work?

Cheers,
Reint.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »
it should, as nothing has changed from the 0810 branching to 1004, other than this.

I talked to merkur2k and put in a ticket for the backport, so it should be done today or soon.

Again, sorry this happened. It's one of the little slip ups that can happen with a shared database schema from two versions of the software.

-Thom

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »
No worries! I have great respect for all the work you're putting in this system!!!

In a way I like the experience I'm gaining in building the system from source (reminds me of my Gentoo days), the wife is a little less amused ;)
Am trying to build it right now...

Thx,
Reint.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 11:53:23 pm »
The backport for mythtv player is now complete and will be available if you do an update.