Author Topic: New 1004 Installer Testing  (Read 44784 times)

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New 1004 Installer Testing
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:13 am »
Am having problems with the new installer.  I've just wiped my system because it failed to boot after an update so I installed a fresh version of 1004, followed the wiki to download the internet install and ran it.
Everything seems to install correctly, and the system reboots itself. Then I end up back on the KDE desktop. Linuxmce has not started. If I view TTY7 I see the usual startup info, and the last item is
"Starting LinuxMCE launch manager.....OK"
Thats it.
So is it worth downloading and burning the latest snapshot, or will this just load the same files as the internet install??
I've tried this 3 times, incase something went wrong with either the ubuntu install, or the linuxmce install, each time resulting in the same thing.
was working fine on 1004 for a good 6 months, no hardware changes or anything.
Suggestions??
Matt.

By forcing a reboot LinuxMCE finally started properly, however I can't run the AVWizard.  I shall continue this in another thread with the same issues.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:40:14 am by gtsupport »
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:47 pm »
Answered your other thread... again... you just happened to give it a go when I went and broke stuff.

Now as far as the internet install taking you to KDE, that is an easy fix.
Code: [Select]
sudo -s
echo "/bin/false" > /etc/X11/default-display-manager
I never quit... I just ping out.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2012, 06:22:58 pm »
Thanks for the info, had no joy with the commands you suggested, it just hung when rebooting. I have just installed from todays snapshot and managed to get a semi working system again. Have you altered anything that would stop my dhcp server from running? It hasn't worked with either the internet install or the snapshot install. Worked fine on my previous install of 1004, thats why I ask.
Thanks.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2012, 07:28:53 pm »
Hi,

Did you see this post from l3mce?

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,11475.120.html

Cheers.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »
Ah yes, thats the issue all right. I usually stay out of the developers forum section, and strangely a search didn't list that thread. I ran the install from today's snapshot so will keep waiting for another update.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Matt