Author Topic: DTS in AVWizard Issues?  (Read 2927 times)

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
DTS in AVWizard Issues?
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:09:53 am »
Hi Guys

I have just hooked my MD upto my av amp using an Optical connector.

Now in the avwizard I select Spdif(Optical)
I get the first test music fine.
I can hear the music on the Dolby digital test fine.
However when it comes to the DTS test I hear nothing. However my amp has the DTS logo on front so I assume it is DTS compatible.

Has anyone else had issues with this?

Can anyone actually confirm that the audio file for DTS is present or where to look for it?

Regards

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: DTS in AVWizard Issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:25:47 am »
yes, the DTS sample also does not play on my amp, but it does decode DTS from movies just fine.
the results of those two tests just set the digital passthru flag if either one succeeds, so it does not matter if you can only hear one.

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:03 am »
Ok. Does it matter that I told the avwizard that I couldn't hear the dts?
Should I rerun the wizard and select yes to both?

Regards

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »
 :)
Hi on my Zotac Ion nvidia 9300 board, when I am going through the AV Wizard , after updating alsa to .23 , I hear regular audio (the classical piece), the 5.1 Audio, (The dramatic rumbling music) but when it goes to the DTS test, I get static. However I still answer "Yes I can hear it" and afterwards, my DTS audio dvd, and videos all work fine. I am not sure if the static is being produced by the HDMI from the motherboard, or the fact that my wiring is a bit unconventional.

I have an LG 50PV450 TV. The MD hooks up to it via HDMI to HDMI-1, and a fiber optic/toslink cable from the TV to my RCA STAV-4090 AV Reciever. I use the TV to switch between devices. So perhaps the TV is causing the static, and that is why I did not get silence.

But I can confirm, hookups as follows:

MD to HDMI 1 - DTS audio works fine
BluRay to HDMI3 - DTS audio works fine
Dish ViP611 HD-DVR to HDMI 2 - DTS audio works fine

Now when the TV is kicked on via USB-to-Serial-to-Null modem adapter, I can see for a brief second that the TV volume is automagically set to "0" zero. Not sure if that is required to send the Digital audio down the fiber optic cable or not.

But if you are getting silence, and you can see your "DTS" light or text come on on your reciever. I would re-run setup wizard and answer yes to the DTS question.

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 04:16:40 pm »
it wont change anything to re-run it. answering yes to either question sets up the audio settings the same way.
i think there is something wrong with the DTS sample file, though it does work for some people.