Author Topic: Asterisk: External Phone Adapter not receiving inbound calls (Sipura 3x00, etc)  (Read 3111 times)

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with setting up a Analog phone adapter to be able to receive calls via Asterisk on LMCE 8.10? My issue is that I can make calls from my cordless phone, which is connected to my GrandStream Adapter, but when I place an inbound call from my cell to my home, only the MD's ring. I have the settings configured to ring on all devices, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ernesto
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:52:28 pm by Rukus »
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

twodogs

• Guru
    • View Profile
Have you looked at this?

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Cisco/Linksys/Sipura_Analog_Telephone_Adapters

I had this happen to me, and discovered that I had a port number mismatch. In LinuxMCE admin, select Advanced -> Configuration -> Phones Setup. That brings up FreePBX. Look at the Extensions tab and write down the "Name" "Extension" "Password" and "Port" of your ATA. Then make sure this info was entered correctly into your ATA.

I bet that the main page of FreePBX looks something like the picture below. Notice that the top green bar (IP phones online) only goes halfway across the screen, when it should go all the way across. The number "1" to the right tells me that only one IP phone was working (the Media Director). When I checked the Extensions tab, it showed 2 IP phones (the Media Director and the new ATA I was trying to get working). So only 1 of my 2 IP phone was working - ergo the green bar only went halfway across the screen. My guess is that you are very close to getting things to work.

Another thing to check would be the "Telecom" dropdown from the LMCE admin page (near the top right of the main screen) and see if all settings look good.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:41:20 pm by twodogs »
http://greenrenovation.wordpress.com/home-automation/
system:
ASUS P5N7A-VM
integrated GeForce 9300
E5200 processor
Fusion 5 lite HDTV card
2G RAM
SYBA SY-PCI15001 6-port serial card
Denon AVR 3805
LG 42" Plasma
Gyration GYR3101
Cisco SPA3102 analog telephone adapter
Cisco 7971G IP phone/orbiter

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response twodogs. I haven't had the opportunity to go over my settings, but once I do, I'll gladlyreport my findings and resolution.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3