Author Topic: mythtv recordings - about half aren't working  (Read 2391 times)

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
mythtv recordings - about half aren't working
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »
For the last few days, I've noticed that about half of new myth recordings are shown as the dreaded "black square" in the myth recording playback menu, with the  "This file for this recording can not be found" error if you try to play them.

I've never seen this intermittent fault before, normally it either works or it doesn't. No problem with live TV that I can see. I have not done anything to the system in the last few weeks, this appears to be completely random. Any clues?

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: mythtv recordings - about half aren't working
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
I'm experiencing the same issue.
LMCE 0810

Hernan

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:28:58 am »
Is this a recent thing for you? Had it always been working in the past? Have you upgraded recently?

FYI I upgraded to RC1 on 23/08/11 having started with snapshot 24164, but this issue is very recent.

Cheers,
Matt.

1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:28 pm »
Hi.

I could not get my recordings to work, or live TV. I noticed the mythtv_setup.pl scripts was running, clocking even, doing nothing, hung up on creating directories for storage groups.

I am not sure why this even has to run beyond initial installation. Changing storage groups after everything is working can be dangerous.

To resolve. I killed the script. Then I cat /dev/null to it after copying it over to original (cp mythtv_setup.pl mythtv_setup.pl.ORIG) then rebooted my core. This time the script did not run. After the system was all the way up, I ran mythtv_setup.pl.ORIG by hand. the script completed without error. And since then my recordings have stayed, and live TV seems to take 5 to 10 seconds to start vs. the 20 to 30 seconds it was taking before.

Before I killed the script, I noticed that it was hung on setting up the storage groups for the newest MD I built. Perhaps this script needs to be run after all of the system /mnt storage points are up and available.

I will continue to watch it. Not sure why mythtv_setup.pl has to run after mythtv is setup, but running it after a reboot, or reload has fully completed, seems to prevent it, at least in my case, from hanging.

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth