Author Topic: Task | Frequently used commands  (Read 9074 times)

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Task | Frequently used commands
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:26 am »
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Draft_Frequently_used_Command

I am trying to make a list of frequently used commands.
Please add yours, and do not mind the poor layout.

I am not sure if this page is just going to be a list with a short description, or a full summary of all, somewhat similar to
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Linux_commands
I could rewrite both or keep them seperate.

It could be part of the self help manual of linuxmce.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Task | Frequently used commands
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
Why does it need to be re-written?  Couldn't the existing page be added to rather than duplicating these items across multiple pages?

bongowongo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »
Why does it need to be re-written?  Couldn't the existing page be added to rather than duplicating these items across multiple pages?
I will, but I am now just collecting all the commands I come across. Probably I will rewrite the page or add some more. Or merge. It depends on how much I can add.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:05 pm »
What you're doing seems to be just fragmenting the wiki into multiple pages with the same intent.  If you just add to the existing page then everything is in one place where everyone can find and then anybody can easily add their own to it.  This is the whole point of a wiki.  Related information can be found in one place and anyone can edit it.  My opinion.

J.

bongowongo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »
What you're doing seems to be just fragmenting the wiki into multiple pages with the same intent.  If you just add to the existing page then everything is in one place where everyone can find and then anybody can easily add their own to it.  This is the whole point of a wiki.  Related information can be found in one place and anyone can edit it.  My opinion.

J.

Yes in a way you are right.
I am fragmenting it for a reason, because a lot of things are uncertain.
It is not the goal to leave the draft pages exist, I use it as a placeholder for the original. I thought it was a good idea, if I have enough commands, I will rewrite the official page, and delete the draft page.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »
I still don't understand the point.  Why not edit the existing page so things are not fragmented and then everything can be found in one spot...  You are completely circumventing the point of a wiki.  There is already a page for what you are doing, add to it.  That's my opinion.

J.