Author Topic: first experience, first impression ... of LMCE  (Read 7116 times)

tehbard

• View Profile
first experience, first impression ... of LMCE
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:33:47 am »
I just had to break away and relay my feelings and thoughts on the subject while it is all still fresh in my head. Armorgnome warned me as I began installing LMCE on my "paperweight" as he calls it, (poweredge 2650), that his first time installing was tricky and to expect the possibility of a couple of restarts and hangs to get my "thingy to do its thingy" lol. Total necessary reboots-3, my fault-1, overall experience - fairly simple, and well informed ... from an end-user's perspective I was quite impressed. So, to give credit where credit is due, huge thanks out to all of you that have been involved. Im looking forward to getting to know it alot better now from somewhere others than over my gnome's shoulder so I can find my own place to jump in and help as well ... lol. Nothing added yet, but soon ... very soon.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: first experience, first impression ... of LMCE
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:54:03 pm »
I just had to break away and relay my feelings and thoughts on the subject while it is all still fresh in my head. Armorgnome warned me as I began installing LMCE on my "paperweight" as he calls it, (poweredge 2650), that his first time installing was tricky and to expect the possibility of a couple of restarts and hangs to get my "thingy to do its thingy" lol. Total necessary reboots-3, my fault-1, overall experience - fairly simple, and well informed ... from an end-user's perspective I was quite impressed. So, to give credit where credit is due, huge thanks out to all of you that have been involved. Im looking forward to getting to know it alot better now from somewhere others than over my gnome's shoulder so I can find my own place to jump in and help as well ... lol. Nothing added yet, but soon ... very soon.

send beer!

mcefan

• Veteran
    • View Profile

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 08:01:32 am »
here
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

mcefan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »
Sent!

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 08:48:43 pm »
 ;D for once, someone not yelling at us!!! thank you!!!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
;D for once, someone not yelling at us!!! thank you!!!
And giving beer. I want to cary his baby.

tehbard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »
lol, beer for everyone!!! Took a few days to teardown and move the room around and setup my new workbench. installing my first device on it today, hoping to see the CM15A and my motion sensors up and working today =)