Author Topic: Failed to Start X (was: Installation drops direct to initramfs)  (Read 3289 times)

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Attempted install of snap # 24234 and was able to get to KDE.  After LMCE install ran, received the fail to start X.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
Failed to Start X (was: Installation drops direct to initramfs)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:49 am »
Attempted install of snap # 24234 and was able to get to KDE.  After LMCE install ran, received the fail to start X.
[/quote

Out of curiously, how big is your harddrive?  I have a 250 gb running my fallback 810 install and am trying to install on a 2 tb hdd these latest snapshots.  Maybe there is something goofy with larger harddrives?  I wouldn't think so given the file systems we're using...  didn't get to 24237 yet.  Possy (and other, BIG THANK YOU) has been kick a$$ with the last few bugs hopefully a RC is in the very near future.  But it's certainly worth a dvd or two from the cake to test the snapshots if that's all i can contribute.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Failed to Start X (was: Installation drops direct to initramfs)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:13:26 am »

Which videocard do you have?

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to Start X (was: Installation drops direct to initramfs)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:43:07 pm »
Nvidia 8500 GT

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:47:43 pm »
I have an Geoforce Nvidia 8500 GT.  I just attempted install of snap # 24237 and received message in RED:  unable to install nvidia-glx!  Just received the done message and am thinking I should attempt to install the nvidia latest driver ?

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »
Reinstalling, ensuring that I have an internet connection.  This is the same box I have a second hdd that has 810 installed and works.  with this same snap, I'm now seeing a number of errors:  "connect failed - unknown database - "pluto telcom" and "pluto media" and failed to fetch "old-releases" unable to connect.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Ok, it turned out to be network.  when in to manage my switch and it was showing all kinds of collisions.  Now I'm up and running on this Snap.