Author Topic: All orbiter text has disapeared 1004  (Read 4767 times)

SpiderSprog

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
All orbiter text has disapeared 1004
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:53:57 pm »
I've had a usable 1004 installation for a while now and today after a reboot all orbiter text on every orbiter is missing, images with text are still there (i.e. lights media climate buttons on the on screen orbiter and UI1 on mobile orbiters) but the text displaying the titles of media and the synopsis etc aren't showing up, there a are just blank spaces, not even the user room and time show up on the main on screen orbiter page.

I was using a auto install script for rtorrent and rutorrent before i rebooted, but I have used this for a while and ran it several times.  Because I've ran it several times it has been assigning different ports to rutorrent (the latest being 23877-79) could this be causing a conflict?

As i said I have used this script before without issue, perhaps it is unrelated

I've tried full regen of all orbiters followed by reload of router and reboot but this hasn't fixed it and I have no idea where to look next.

Any help would be much apreciated

SpiderSprog

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: All orbiter text has disapeared 1004
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:45:03 pm »
Ok so I noticed to day that all my orbiters had the language set to Dutch, no idea how it happened

I changed them all back to English, did full rebuild all reloded router and rebooted my core, but still no text.

Also when i regen the routers they instantly go to finished rebuilding orbiter, they don't show the usual progress bar

Any ideas???

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:56:57 pm »
If you did a recent apt update, check to make sure all the packages installed correctly. Just a thought.

SpiderSprog

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:29 pm »
sorry to ask , but how do I check that?

OnTarget

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »
I have the same problem.

Did you find a solution for this?

The only thing I can think of that I did recently was install kubuntu-restricted-extras

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:18 pm »
Open a command shell and run:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get upgrade
and look at the output to find any errors or partially installed packages. It should automatically try to re-run their configuration. I can't get to my system right now to check but there is also a command similar to:
Code: [Select]
dpkg-reconfigurethat should do the same thing. Try the first one though as it is easiest.

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »
I've had similar problem, turned out the appropriate fonts weren't installed, mayde check those have been installed? I think it was a package with ms-ttf in it..