Author Topic: Orbitor screen resolutuion on Flytouch 2  (Read 19515 times)

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Orbitor screen resolutuion on Flytouch 2
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 04:03:03 pm »
Hey Mat,
From your 1st post:
“Incidentally, this is the value that you must enter in the touch orbiter settings”

Just to clarify, port number being 3641, I have been through the settings of my tablet touch orbiter. I cannot locate where such a number should be inputted. Could you please point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Dan

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:13 pm »
Ohhh I think I get what went wrong. I think we misunderstood where you are inputting all these things. Reading back the whole thread I think I was careless and not taking into account everything you wrote.

Alright so ignore your static IP settings - change it back to default so that it assigns the device an IP address automatically. (that's where I misunderstood you). Now, where you want to put 192.168.80.1 and 3641 is inside the LMCE application.

So once you launch the application press the Android menu button. You will see "Settings" and "Refresh Image". Press Settings.
For "LMCE Server" put: 192.168.80.1
For "LMCE Port" put: 3641
I'd also recommend changing the "Screen Orientation" to Lock Landscape.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:01:48 pm by Schmich »

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »
D'oh! Hope it's as simple as that, and the tablet's settings aren't too messed up!
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 06:45:35 am »
I have an Acer A500 tablet with a resolution of 1280 x 800.  I selected the settings from the orbiter page, done a full regen, quick reload router and the screen resolution does not change.  It looks like the resolution for a small PDA. 

Do I need to go into the Child device created under the Core and set the resolution ?  It appears to update when I make a size in the orbiter page.  Just thinking what am I doing incorrect.

Any help appreciated.

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:07 pm »
I unfortunately can't remember if changing resolution in the orbiter or the device tree changes anything. My mobile phone has a resolution of 800x480 and under Orbiter I have no size selected (it says "-Please Select-") and under the device tree in the child device I have it set at 800 (width)x600 (height) - most likely default. I don't remember changing those so I guess the phone stretches appropriately or something as my image is perfect. I'm afraid it doesn't help you all that much but it's the best information I can give at least. Play around with it I guess.

Also make sure that, under the orbiter page, the proper UI is selected. I've got the default running there, again, which is "Normal Horizonatal (3:4)". Don't ask me why that works, I don't know :P I haven't played that much with the skins when it comes to Android. I've only played around with it on the JavaMO where things are just as confusing ^^ But it works for me so I'm not complaining.

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »
Thank you Schmich for your direction. Seems the orbiter had the correct IP and port number already specified. I needed to refresh the screen through the LMCE software. Seems to have solved the problem.

No worries Mat, no damage done. Thanks for your efforts.

Marper, why don't you try out the android APK application. You wont need to mess around with resolution as the software does it automatically.

Cheers
Dan
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:44:53 pm by magner »

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 09:34:08 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

Magner, I am running the apk.  Download and installed fine.  Created the proxy orbiter and it works like a charm.  However, it is not full screen at all, it does look a little like the size of a PDA screen

Added screenshot:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:30:07 pm by Marper »

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 11:06:27 pm »
How does the screen look when you use web orbitor 2.0 ? Is it a problem with the APK app or the proxy orbiter I wonder...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Web_Orbiter_2.0

maybe it might be worth trying to create another proxy orbiter and specify a different resolution.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »
When I use the Web browser it is positioned to the left of the screen and only half screen.  I have tried different configurations for sizes and none appear to have any affect.  I do a full regen after each change and restart the router, but I get the exact same size every time.

Any suggestions would appreciate it.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »
A quick question: When you change the size, do you change it in the dropdown list box, only? Or do you also change it in screen height and screen width fields?

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 11:26:20 pm »
I've only changed in the drop down box.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 12:18:08 am »
Try changing it in width and height as well, and see what happens.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 02:18:16 am »
No change.  I adusted it on both areas 1.  In the generic proxy; 2.  under the orbiter.  it's still a small PDA look and feel.

magner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »
maybe try and setup a different device such as a mobile phone to confirm your core does not have a corruption.

cheers

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 11:37:37 pm »
Did that and it perfectly fits my phone (Android, Samsung Vibrant)