Author Topic: media files?  (Read 4170 times)

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
media files?
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:12 pm »
I just recently changed around shares on my nas so my media files now reside on a larger partition that I can grow on the fly.  After removing the old share from Lmce my audio and picture files started to show up on the orbiter but not the video files. It's been almost a week now but they're still not there.  I am really trying to adhere to rule #1 but I don't think it's working.  The only thing different is the share is larger and I selected public vs lmce directory structure.  I can search for them and play them, they're just not on the video list on orbiter.

Is there a way to jump start what ever scan handles this task?

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: media files?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 02:31:19 am »
I just realized that videos are not showing up only in the filename view.  Unfortunately I prefer this view.  Can some one help me get this view back?  I saw a couple post about updatemedia, but how do I run this?

Also I must have broke something trying to fix this because the pictures aren't showing up now.  Music still works. 

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:43:24 am »
Okay, Never mind....  Title view is much better than file view, especially with the tag information filled in.  unfortunately I have so much media this is going to take forever.  Good thing I have 2 weeks of vacation time scheduled soon.

Can some one tell me how, or if it's possible to show a folder on the orbiter?  Or how do you categorize TV shows where you have a different video file for each episode in a season?  Basically I have a lot of tv shows in AVI format, these files are nested in a seasons number folder (season 1, season 2, etc), which is nested in another folder named after the show (Family Guy, South Park, etc).  I'd like to just add the top level folder (Family Guy, South Park, etc).  I tried to add tag info to the folder like i did for dvds and video files but the folder doesn't show up on the orbiter.

I noticed that adding the tag information the same way as a dvd to each file results in 100 entires with the same picture and no easy way to tell the files apart.  Not to mention it's tedious as heck.  How do you all do it?

Help...

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:29:02 am »
Okay, Never mind....  Title view is much better than file view, especially with the tag information filled in.  unfortunately I have so much media this is going to take forever.  Good thing I have 2 weeks of vacation time scheduled soon.

Can some one tell me how, or if it's possible to show a folder on the orbiter?  Or how do you categorize TV shows where you have a different video file for each episode in a season?  Basically I have a lot of tv shows in AVI format, these files are nested in a seasons number folder (season 1, season 2, etc), which is nested in another folder named after the show (Family Guy, South Park, etc).  I'd like to just add the top level folder (Family Guy, South Park, etc).  I tried to add tag info to the folder like i did for dvds and video files but the folder doesn't show up on the orbiter.

I noticed that adding the tag information the same way as a dvd to each file results in 100 entires with the same picture and no easy way to tell the files apart.  Not to mention it's tedious as heck.  How do you all do it?

Help...

Not sure what version of linuxmce you are using, but you can try this http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MetaData_Handling#Automatic_File_tagging.

I can be tracked down in irc if you need any assistance getting it up and running.
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:50:33 am »
Not sure what version of linuxmce you are using, but you can try this http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MetaData_Handling#Automatic_File_tagging.

I can be tracked down in irc if you need any assistance getting it up and running.
-golgoj4

I'm on 810.  I thought I tried that feature and thats were I got the same piture for a mass amount of videos, making it hard to tell them apart on the orbiter.  I'll try it again tonight or tomorrow.  Dang power is out so my whole network is down.  Thank god for 3g and tethering!

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »
new 810 build is out
http://langstonball.com/attachments/linuxmceTag0810.zip
goes into /usr/pluto/bin.

See wiki for details
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MetaData_Handling#Automatic_File_tagging

should be in updates soon hopefully
-golgoj4

I should note this was built on and for 810 and tested on 2 different 810 system. so you should be good!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:27:44 pm by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »
Thanks!  I have this thread book marked so I can give that a try once I have a free minute.  Soon after my last post my son was born.  I've heard that all free time goes away with the addition of a baby but I severely under estimated that statement. 

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 07:05:05 am »
Thanks!  I have this thread book marked so I can give that a try once I have a free minute.  Soon after my last post my son was born.  I've heard that all free time goes away with the addition of a baby but I severely under estimated that statement. 

I understand! And congrats pops!!!!! *insert banners and confetti here*

all the best
golgoj4