Author Topic: Shutting down MD no media playing at night  (Read 2924 times)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Shutting down MD no media playing at night
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:18:21 am »
I have created a timed event to run every night, from 8 pm to 12 midnight, it supposed to check if no one is watch any media and turn the MD off. I have added the event, Not Watching - Foyer/Entrance (as and) to the timed event criteria, as a condition along with the other conditions, date and the times, but the MD gets turned off if someone is watching media (tv,dvd,video file).

What have am I missing here?

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Shutting down MD no media playing at night
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01:07 am »
Adding the "PK_EventHandler" criteria, as I suspect is what you did, does not work as you want it to.

There is no way to check the status of devices (lights on/off, media playing/not playing etc) within the event criteria, so I don't think its possible to set up the event the way you want.

br,
sambuca

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »
If that is indeed the case, you could install a PIR motion sensor (if you don't have animals!).

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:39:40 pm »
OK, thanks guys

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:26 am »
Adding the "PK_EventHandler" criteria, as I suspect is what you did, does not work as you want it to.

There is no way to check the status of devices (lights on/off, media playing/not playing etc) within the event criteria, so I don't think its possible to set up the event the way you want.

br,
sambuca
I'm not sure how the timed event got there, but I have an event called "Watching - Home Theater"
PK_EventHandler Event parameter:PK_Room = Home Theater
I havent tried using it, so I'm guessing it's a lost cause? Isn't there a way to poll Xine_plugin to get filename or format etc?