Author Topic: .43 Mythtv Setup and multiple keypress error  (Read 47211 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
.43 Mythtv Setup and multiple keypress error
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:03:05 pm »
Hi,

Hi had a .42 up and running fine. Updated to .43, and Mythtv setup got stucked everytime I pressed a key.

Reinstaled .43 from scrath and the same problem continues.

Pressing any key unther Mythtv Setup and and it goes craisy. Log says that there is multiple key pressed. I subtitued the keyboard and the same thing continues. One simple press of ht up key, enter and the aplication starts jumping around as if I was pressing multiple keys (not stoping). I have to keep press Esc to get out.

Could anyone give me a clue ?  On .42 everything works fine with the same hardware.

Thanks,

João Vaz Martins

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 10:16:43 am »
the issue is fixed but there's no easy way how get the fix on your system.
we're preparing a .44 release to fix many issues that slipped in .43

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:25:20 am »
Dan,

Any idea on the timescale for 44?
I am going to do a complete re-install this weekend (my first one that I have needed to do since about 37 I think) and if there is a new release before then that would be good, otherwise I will just have to use the existing version as currently I cannot get any Media Directors to even finish their installs.

Regards
Darren

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:10:43 am »
hi Darren

sorry about your install, we know that many of you suffered when this release was made public. everything went good with testing inside but when was made public there was some differences in repositories. that was fixed but the damage is already done.
we're not planning a release this week, hopefully 44 will go out by the end of next week.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:39:58 pm »
Hello Dan,

Could you please include the updated version 0.5.1 of lcdproc in the 2.0.44 release of Pluto, it would help us lot with the use of IMON VFD devices?

Best regards

Mikael

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Work around..
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 06:01:01 pm »
I had the same issue running mythtv-setup however I worked around it by exporting the setup to a remote X server. In my case my OSX box handled the setup without issue.

I need to recompile mythtv to add firewire support each time I upgrade Pluto so I can post an update if .44 is delayed for a while longer.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:09:32 am »
Quote from: "dan.g"
hi Darren

sorry about your install, we know that many of you suffered when this release was made public. everything went good with testing inside but when was made public there was some differences in repositories. that was fixed but the damage is already done.
we're not planning a release this week, hopefully 44 will go out by the end of next week.

Dan

Some of us are still finding out the hard way.  For the past 10 days and now (as I write this) .43 is listed as the lastest version.  Why not pull it down and put up a note saying .43 was a "development release" not intended for production use?  I have wasted my time and your bandwidth to download a useless build.

What I don't get, is if a stable .43 release exists, why not release it 10 days ago as .43a or .44?  

Since we were hoping for the end of last week, do we have a new date in mind?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
.44 on ftp site
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 11:31:55 pm »
If you go to the ftp site you can dl .44...why they don't post or answer questions is anyones guess.  This is some sweet software but support is very lacking!  I know it is free but compared to some of the other stuff out there...trixbox...asterisk...mythtv...seems to be much better supported.  I sent in a suport question and after about 12 days I get back the response "We don't know it doesn't happen here"...come on guys, if you are going to give that type of response at leaste give it the same day!  Sorry to rant but a little frustrated.  I can't seem to find any type of operations guide to tell me how to ff or rw or do anything while wathing video's...this is some basic stuff I need to know.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 12:30:53 am »
@wslee,

I can understand your frustration with the support aspect of the site as I too have posted what I thought were general questions and received no response, however the system is free and is produced by a commercial organisation whos focus is obviously on the development aspects.

In general the product is still a beta version and hence support is through the community of users, documentation could be better but to be honest I have found the user interface to be very intutive and therefore the lack of documentation is not generaly an issue.

Have a play and experiment with Pluto and I am sure you will find it to be a great product which can only improve over time.

In terms of your question just use the mouse or remote while watching a video and you can FF, RW etc using the onscreen display, if LIRC is configured correctly then you can use the standard buttons on a remote to achieve such functions

If you are using the UI2 version of the interface then I would recommend switching to UI1 via the webamdnin function as it is much more user friendly when first starting out

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Thanks
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 12:44:00 am »
Thanks for the reply...I will try UI1 and see if that helps...One of my problems is I can't read some of the menus as they blend into the background too much.  Maybe the UI1 will be better.  I also asked if there was a way to upgrade to .44 with no responses...I see the iso on the ftp site but don't really want to reload everything.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:23:50 am »
that .44 was not a public release, was for testing purpose.
we're still testing .44

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 01:18:30 pm »
Hi,

How can I aply to be a beta tester, and what are my obligations and responsabilities?

Compliments,

João Vaz Martins

Quote from: "dan.g"
that .44 was not a public release, was for testing purpose.
we're still testing .44