Author Topic: Check in device template?  (Read 3303 times)

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
Check in device template?
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:14:29 pm »
I just created a device template for my fios stb.  I didn't see one on the list of devices so I figure maybe other would eventually benefit from it.  There are 2 problems, I don't understand exactly how to check in a device template and I modified a couple templates that where already in the system. 

How do I check in a device template?

How do I check in this template and not the ones I modified?  I wouldn't want to break what works for someone else.

Thanks

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: Check in device template?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:23:10 pm »
Have a look at the sqlCVS stuff in web admin (sorry, can't say where exactly as my core is down at the moment, but it's in the green bar along the top somewhere).

Follow the instructions; check in everything that's "DCE" or "IR".

Then, create a trac ticket containing the sqlCVS Batch IDs (find these here http://schema.linuxmce.org/sqlCVS/?site=batch/view), and add your contact details, and that should be it!

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:18:16 pm »
Great, thanks!  I'll try that this weekend.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:47 pm »
it is *very* difficult to check in just one template, so it is best to do changes to just one and then check it in before working on the next.
it is also highly discouraged to change existing templates, unless you are fixing something that is broken with them (not just changing behavior to suit your install).

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »
opps!  I thought I read some where that the best way to add a device was to modify an existing template; I must have miss read the post. 

The Template I want to check in was created from scratch so don't worry about that.  I need help with though, hopefully someone can help.  I followed the instructions on this wiki page to the letter ( http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Control_a_TV_or_cable/satellite_box ).  I can control the setup box using web admin or the orbiter if I select resend av codes but it's just not working on its own. 

For example:
If I configured the setup box and set the pipes using the setup wizard, when I press the media button on the orbiter for this device (a setup box) the TV turns on but Lmce doesn't set the inputs or turn on the setup box. I can use some of the buttons, like channel up and down but not all.  All buttons work if I press resend av code and do it manually. 

If I use web admin, either the wizard or manually.  When I press the more button on the orbiter so I can see the button for this device, the TV turns on, selects the wrong input, never turns on the setup box, and I can see 2 sometimes 3 different remotes cycling on the orbiter until it stops at the wrong remote.  Again, using resend codes I can control the setup box flawlessly.  Also, using webmin other media buttons disappear and stop working. 

I don't understand what's happening.  I've done countless reloads, quick and full regens, and reboots.  It's definitely related to this device because if I delete it everything goes back to normal.  I created a new device template and when I added that device the same thing happened.  I randomly picked a dvd player from the list and as I can tell if I actually had it everything would be working.  I must be doing something wrong when creating the template.  Help!! :-(

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 03:32:42 am »
I tried to create the scenario manually but when I got to the device I created there are no commands available to add to the scenario.  I confirmed the Code set has all the commands configured and they all work when testing in the A/V properties.  Could this be where the problem is for the auto generated scenario for this device?  I don't want to modify an existing template but I'm not really seeing any other option at this point.  I have no clue why this isn't working.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 12:47:02 am »
You need to make sure that there are commands checked in the device template to be available so you can see them.

It is also very important that your device template is in the correct category.

-Thom

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 04:15:53 am »
You need to make sure that there are commands checked in the device template to be available so you can see them.

-Thom

You sir are a genius!  That was staring me in the face all this time. 

One more issue though, the auto generated scenario works now with the exception of changing the inputs on the TV.  I confirmed the pipes are set correctly.   Currently I added a command for the scenario button to change the inputs but I know I shouldn't have to the this. 

I only did quick regens.  I'll try a full regen tomorrow and see where that gets me. 

Thanks again Thom!