Author Topic: QOrbiter: Updated  (Read 65628 times)

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »
That looks fantastic! Truly. Great work!
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

PlatypusPedersen

• Regular Poster
  • Hugs?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2012, 06:51:36 pm »
It's amazing how fast this has progressed, I love your videos showing qorbiter... excellent work.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »
Status update as we reach the end of summer

-Some highly motivated dev's have begun work with integrating linuxmce and the rasperry pi. We all should get them a beer or something for the hard work they are doing to make qOrbiter be able to have a proper home on the raspberry pi!

-qOrbiter itself is under active development. Nobody responded to the tablet challenge, but life moves on. We are still looking for people who want to design skins, so make your self known.

-Multimedia for qOrbiter is almost here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMu9CW3Xd40

update complete!

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2012, 08:16:31 am »
Awesome,

That looks amazing !

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2012, 08:19:51 am »
That is looking amazing golgo!!

J.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:59 am »
http://youtu.be/7L2hWE7LGo0

media player ecosystem is coming along! Now i need to just make a path from the core to the qOrbiter in question.

But seriously, the qMediaPlayer plugin is up and running. this is a big effing deal!

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2012, 06:52:43 pm »
http://youtu.be/7L2hWE7LGo0

media player ecosystem is coming along! Now i need to just make a path from the core to the qOrbiter in question.

But seriously, the qMediaPlayer plugin is up and running. this is a big effing deal!

-golgoj4

Looks very nice.
Is it just me or is there no audio?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:09 am »
Looks very nice.
Is it just me or is there no audio?

nope, there is no audio

-golgoj4

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 08:27:49 am »
Great work Golgoj. Thank you very much. Hoping to get back to trying this soon
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2012, 07:53:36 am »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2012, 06:18:40 pm »
There is a test binary for *64bit* Linuxes available. http://deb.linuxmce.org/qorbiter.tar.gz (100MB) or http://deb.linuxmce.org/qorbiter-stripped.tar.gz (10MB).

I'd appreciate people testing these bins and let me know how far they come. You should NOT need any additional Qt libraries.

EDIT: nevermind - found a couple of things that are not working atm. will post update when some more stuff is fixed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:54:34 pm by posde »

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07:19 am »
How about 32 bit Linuxes (don't wanna upgrade unnecessarily)???
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:42 am »
back away...slowly...

its been weeks since the last message...i have nothing new in the svn from you

Nice langston is gone. Its time to cleanup around here. You got no buisness posting over here if you arent a developer. period. full stop. I've had it with this. Noise everywhere because people feel entitled to waltz in and setup shop spewing noise. enough.

If you wanna be in this section then you will figure out how to compile the damn thing yourself. Like a developer. because this is the developers section.

Consider this notice. to everyone making noise. There are like 10 people busting their asses and the rest are chillin. which is fine. but go chill in your sandbox and shutup when grown folks are talking.

-not too pleased golgoj4. you REALLY gonna make me become Z?

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2012, 04:08:50 am »
I chose q over clutter. I promised something before forever, or never. I have failed in that promise, stuck in a time loop, learning linux... because the host OS was foreign to me. I started learning bash, because it is a pre-requisite, in my frame of understanding. I am obsessive. I have not yet left bash because I am an infant with regard to what can be done, and yet I am improving (some) things. At this poi.nt I am using scripting as a crutch because I am better now than most. I belong in QML. The only language I was ever proficient in was js, and I am avoiding the typhoon I flapped my wings to create because I haven't yet mastered my distraction... and as good as I was, it supplemented java, and I need C++. I cobbled together a gstreamer app in C. Tthat took a lot of time and a lot of other peoples code. I screwed up. qOrbiter is so complex at this point... I should have abandoned what I was doing to learn from Langston as he was learning. It feels beyond my scope now, and I am just putting out fires I created trying to learn the OS.

We used to have specific GPU requirements. They all worked. Now it is catch as catch can while I try to provide individual solutions... and fail rather regularly... or so it seems as only those who invoke my name do so to complain that their non-approved hardware doesn't work.

For those... I am truly sorry. One day it will. I am trying really hard at GPU agnosticism. Really I am. I know I have failed a lot of people... and it eats me up.

It also gives me an excuse not to enter a new exercise like QT because I haven't managed to do much good, in the broad scope, despite my best efforts, with the native languages of the host OS.

I have no business in this thread. I just want to have that business.

The rest of you... please... stfu.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:10:31 am by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.