Author Topic: QOrbiter: Updated  (Read 65630 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »
This will be so cool! Can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Can you disable effects? First thing my GF will ask is to turn off the spinning icons...

Seriously?
"Showing some more basic animations possible here with QML."

"Can you make this demo available and not do what it is demonstrating?"

It is this sort of post that drives devs insane. Not trying to dump on you... really I am not... but he just unlocked acceleration which makes these sort of complicated renderings possible. Spinning, while loading dozens of streaming images in a grid of hundreds on a weak handheld device is meant to show, only, what it CAN do. Please be more considerate in your consumption of material and creation of replies.
I never quit... I just ping out.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2012, 08:44:00 pm »
This will be so cool! Can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Can you disable effects? First thing my GF will ask is to turn off the spinning icons...

Give her a diamond ... she will forget all about those spinning icons.  :D

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:28 pm »
Give her a diamond ... she will forget all about those spinning icons.  :D

I thought we post here to help one another solve our problems,  not create new, and bigger ones...

:D

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »
I just installed qOrbiter from the market onto my new phone and it downloaded Ministro but now I get the error "Ministro can not satisfy your application dependencies" when I launch qOrbiter. I'm running a Galaxy Nexus and it just updated to Jelly Bean. Does anyone know if this is specific to Jelly Bean or qOrbiter? Thanks!

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2012, 05:40:51 am »
I just installed qOrbiter from the market onto my new phone and it downloaded Ministro but now I get the error "Ministro can not satisfy your application dependencies" when I launch qOrbiter. I'm running a Galaxy Nexus and it just updated to Jelly Bean. Does anyone know if this is specific to Jelly Bean or qOrbiter? Thanks!

im going to say jelly bean... thats brand new i will have to find an emulator to test on.

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2012, 06:10:26 am »
I'm assuming that Ministro does not have a relationship between Jelly Bean's version and the version of the libraries. That's my best guess. I've looked through their website but found nothing.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:19 am »
Well, it looks like the Ministro guys updated the library set. It ran once. Then qOrbiter automatically updated and now it says: "Your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue." every time I start it.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2012, 05:14:08 am »
"Your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue." every time I start it.

I an having the same experience, 1004.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16:36 am »
As am I. The error appears right after the splash, before it gets to the loading status messages. I had working qorbiters a while back but have since:

a) reinstalled my CORE
b) updated qorbiter version from Google play (dated June 17th, 2012)

I'm getting the same error described on both my HTC one x and Transformer Prime tablet. I I've tried completely uninstalling qorbiter and ministro, and reinstalling. No luck.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 06:54:14 am »
I just downloaded the nightly one and installed it. Works rather well.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:59 am »
Updated the nightly, please try that and let me know if you encounter errors. I tested it before i posted so im a bit confused as to why it went fubar

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:10 am »
Just updated from google store.HTC Desire HD. After the Penguin pops up I get " Your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue"
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »
Updated the nightly, please try that and let me know if you encounter errors. I tested it before i posted so im a bit confused as to why it went fubar

-golgoj4

Sweet- good job!  Just pulled it down a minute ago from your site, fixes the error for me.  ICS on Samsung galaxy s2

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:13 pm »
Nightly apk fixed for me too.

As discussed with Foxi earlier today, resolving doesn't work, so you need to use your core's IP address not hostname (for the time being)

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2012, 02:37:50 pm »