Author Topic: QOrbiter: Updated  (Read 22948 times)

Schmich

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 116
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 11:44:30 am »
Quote
Create a new QOrbiter device as a child of the core. MAKE SURE to set the default user and location. Make a note of the device number
How do you do this? ::) I know you can add qOrbiter from the Webadmin Orbiter page, at the bottom, but that creates the device as a parent. Once created I can see the template number (2186) but that gives the error "ERROR: the device template does not exist or invalid controlled via" when I try to add it as a child to the core.

davegravy

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 485
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »
video of qOrbiter running on my Transformer Prime:

http://youtu.be/yGNp1-g0jEE

Let me know if there's any other functions you want me to test.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:33:33 pm by davegravy »

bongowongo

  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • **
  • Posts: 826
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »
yes bongo is correct. i was originally designing for a 480 by 320 screen. fixes incoming :) it of course would be the one ui element thats part of the binary.

-golgoj4
Maybe Bongo question, but....
How do we get updates, just install the APK again?

golgoj4

  • NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • ***
  • Posts: 1046
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • La Smarthomes - SoCal smarthome site
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »
How do you do this? ::) I know you can add qOrbiter from the Webadmin Orbiter page, at the bottom, but that creates the device as a parent. Once created I can see the template number (2186) but that gives the error "ERROR: the device template does not exist or invalid controlled via" when I try to add it as a child to the core.

is your system up to date?

Also, what version of lmce are you running?


As far as bongo's question yes you will need to re-install for the moment when i update the apk

now off for my weekly swtor with friends!

-golgoj4
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

Wiki Hardware Page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Langstonius

huh

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 230
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 05:23:44 am »
OK- just an updated.  I pulled down the latest svn (changeset 25456) and have great success on the HP Touchpad.  Whereas before I had force the app to close to be able to get it to restart,  now, it starts nearly 90% of the time on the 1st try.  The other 10% i get stuck at a black screen and have to click a button to get back to the home screen.

Here's the audio page:
http://www.imgur.com/Z4ZlI

Not so good with my samsung galaxy s2.  I get the spashscreen, but then a black screen.  When I rotate the from portrait to landscape, there is a white rectangle that appears.  I would guess that rectangle is just where qorbiter isn't displaying an image.  What's really odd, is on the 1st go at qorbiter after the update, the main UI appeared as expected, sort of.  I was surprised not to see the phone UI and instead the desktop UI on my phone.

FWIW

golgoj4

  • NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • ***
  • Posts: 1046
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • La Smarthomes - SoCal smarthome site
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 10:27:35 pm »
OK- just an updated.  I pulled down the latest svn (changeset 25456) and have great success on the HP Touchpad.  Whereas before I had force the app to close to be able to get it to restart,  now, it starts nearly 90% of the time on the 1st try.  The other 10% i get stuck at a black screen and have to click a button to get back to the home screen.

Here's the audio page:
http://www.imgur.com/Z4ZlI

Not so good with my samsung galaxy s2.  I get the spashscreen, but then a black screen.  When I rotate the from portrait to landscape, there is a white rectangle that appears.  I would guess that rectangle is just where qorbiter isn't displaying an image.  What's really odd, is on the 1st go at qorbiter after the update, the main UI appeared as expected, sort of.  I was surprised not to see the phone UI and instead the desktop UI on my phone.

FWIW

Im still hot on the case of the media grid problem. Thanks to sambucca, ive gotten some insight into how i need to approach it on this device plus im finding some underlying faults in my code that were not readily apparent in a desktop build for whatever reason.

-golgoj4
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

Wiki Hardware Page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Langstonius

jwelch1324

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 05:24:42 am »
golgoj4,

I am trying to get a dev environment for this up and running, however there seem to be some recent updates to the qOrbiter class that haven't been committed to svn yet. Specifically on Saturday there was an update to orbitermanager that references a function registerDevice() in qOrbiter but there isn't any such function defined in the current qOrbiter class.

There are also a few signal and slot callbacks that aren't in the qOrbiter class that are referenced in the initial Q::Connect functions.

Let me know if this is just because the updates haven't been committed yet or if I am missing something else...

golgoj4

  • NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • ***
  • Posts: 1046
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • La Smarthomes - SoCal smarthome site
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:04 am »
golgoj4,

I am trying to get a dev environment for this up and running, however there seem to be some recent updates to the qOrbiter class that haven't been committed to svn yet. Specifically on Saturday there was an update to orbitermanager that references a function registerDevice() in qOrbiter but there isn't any such function defined in the current qOrbiter class.

There are also a few signal and slot callbacks that aren't in the qOrbiter class that are referenced in the initial Q::Connect functions.

Let me know if this is just because the updates haven't been committed yet or if I am missing something else...


They have been committed. Apologies but there is a bug in qt creator where it doesnt catch all the files that need to be submitted. Its been committed now though. Let me know if you have any questions!
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

Wiki Hardware Page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Langstonius

Domodude

  • Guest
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
is your system up to date?
Also, what version of lmce are you running?
Hi Golgoj, I run Dianemo on 11.10. I do not see the qorbiter template, and I get the same error when I just punch in the template number. Seems like it is not yet in Dianemo. Can you confirm that?
Thanks,
Mark

posde

  • Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2846
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »
Dianemo's database is completely out of our control, and different from the LinuxMCE database. As our database is open, Dianemo is free to recreate the settings in their database if they feel like it.

Domodude

  • Guest
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 09:00:29 am »
Hi Posde,
I know, that's why I'm asking. It certainly looks like the Dianemo database does not have the qorbiter yet, but it's always useful if someone else can confirm it...
Mark

golgoj4

  • NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • ***
  • Posts: 1046
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • La Smarthomes - SoCal smarthome site
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 10:53:14 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J3LqfOrugc

a preview of some of the animations, now with opengl acceleration on Android, Linux and Mac OSX!

Sorry its been so quiet, but i promise work has been ongoing!

-golgoj4
Those people who tell you not to take chances, they are all missing what life's all about.

Wiki Hardware Page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Langstonius

DragonK

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 429
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »
Golgoj4,

I have 2 words for you.....

#$%#@$%% AWESOME!!!!!!

I've seen other Automation software's interfaces and up until now, they have been ahead of us.... but you are Blowing the competition out of the water..... Keep it up!!!!!

Karel

Sigg3.net

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 64
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2012, 05:20:57 pm »
This will be so cool! Can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Can you disable effects? First thing my GF will ask is to turn off the spinning icons...

tschak909

  • LinuxMCE God
  • ****
  • Posts: 5476
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2012, 05:35:07 pm »
It's important to note, that the skin that golgoj4 is working on, is purely just so he can implement functionality and test it. It's up to someone else to make a good looking default skin for it.

-Thom