Author Topic: QOrbiter: Updated  (Read 65836 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »
* posde has an Android 1.5 tablet.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »
HTC Desire Z
android 2.3.3.

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:00 pm »
Desire HD
Android 2.3.5
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »
Transformer Prime ICS 4.0.3

also likely going to be getting a Galaxy Nexus in the next couple weeks

P.S

VERY MUCH looking forward to this!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:26:43 pm by davegravy »

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »
HTC Desire HD (mobile phone) - 2.3.3
Advent Vega (tablet) - 3.2
o2 Joggler (tablet) - 2.2.2

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 01:14:44 am »
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket- 2.3.5  (resolution 480x800)
HP Touchpad- running whatever latest cyanogenmod is out (resolution 1024x768)

Joining the bandwagon to say that this is AWESOME!

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 05:33:00 am »
galaxy nexus w ice cream samich

I also have an og droid which will become a permanent orbiter
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:34:45 am by kyfalcon »

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 04:57:14 pm »
Vizio vtab1008 and Htc aria. Both on 2.3 and on the low end for specs.

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:06 pm »
HTC Desire HD - Android 2.3.7 MIUI Rom
LG P500 - Android 2.3
Sony Tablet S - Android 3.1 (soon Android 4.1)

Emanuele

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:58 am »
http://youtu.be/5j7JSOuXItY

I will be opening a thread for support when the device hits the market. But I need the help of the LinuxMCE community to make it a sooner than later release. Here is why.

1) While Android is the most visible, we do plan to release for (desktop) linux, windows, and mac. Harmattan is in the works, and so is iOS. What this means is that I will be need to learn the deployment process for all of these platforms to an extent. If you do software development on any of them, I would love to talk to you and start building my list of release requirements

2)I will be implementing the actual details on the device, but I would like a php / mysql person to take a hard look at my configuration script. Help me improve it!

3) Skins. I have decided that skins will be in modular packages. We will 'ship' with one or two for each platform initially and more will be added later. We are also exploring a way to have people have custom skins they can just store locally and use if they want. But in the mean time, we need to come up with how to package them so they are installed and ready to go.

Thanks to the people who have done initial testing so far. I realize the setup is far from simple at this point and dealing with my no sleep having ass and confusing directions probably hasn't been easy :)

Im not really inclined to give a release date, but I would like to shoot for the end of the month if possible. Keep in mind, not all screens will be done upon release. Currently, 1/100 of them are done. literally. But c'mon guys we're so close to a new era in LinuxMCE: the fabled UI3

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 12:27:03 am »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 08:13:51 am »
HTC Desire Z
android 2.3.3.

Installed it, when I try to get into it in landscape I see the config screen with buttons, but it is aligned on the left and squashed. e.g. text is too big, and the screens are to small
e.g. 192.168.80.1 is massive, and the block it is in too small. My fingers cannot press it, so I do not know if touchscreen doesn't work or my fingers too big/or input box too small.

Apparently this is a know bug, and golgoj5 is working on it to fix. It is because the splash screen is pre-packeged. The solution would be to make it relative.
No need for ticket.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:29:24 am by bongowongo »

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 09:16:41 am »
Although this not the best test bed, I'm using an N900 with Nitdroid, so far it works up until you press GO, some text scrolls under the connection settings and ends with "Couldnt Save Config!". I believe this might just be an issue with my setup. I tried changing DCEROUTER to an IP and I confirmed the correct Device ID.
Cheers.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2012, 11:08:37 am »
Although this not the best test bed, I'm using an N900 with Nitdroid, so far it works up until you press GO, some text scrolls under the connection settings and ends with "Couldnt Save Config!". I believe this might just be an issue with my setup. I tried changing DCEROUTER to an IP and I confirmed the correct Device ID.
Cheers.
hmm interesting. Does it have an sdcard?

for android, i try to read and write from /MNT/SDCard

golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:11 am »
HTC Desire Z
android 2.3.3.

Installed it, when I try to get into it in landscape I see the config screen with buttons, but it is aligned on the left and squashed. e.g. text is too big, and the screens are to small
e.g. 192.168.80.1 is massive, and the block it is in too small. My fingers cannot press it, so I do not know if touchscreen doesn't work or my fingers too big/or input box too small.

Apparently this is a know bug, and golgoj5 is working on it to fix. It is because the splash screen is pre-packeged. The solution would be to make it relative.
No need for ticket.

yes bongo is correct. i was originally designing for a 480 by 320 screen. fixes incoming :) it of course would be the one ui element thats part of the binary.

-golgoj4