Author Topic: QOrbiter: Updated  (Read 65635 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: QOrbiter: Something for everyone!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 09:42:24 pm »
Thanks !

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »
New short video / progress update!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPn3LkZmfM
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:37 am »
Wow that looks impressive!

Just a quick question re:scaling, will it resize the buttons on higher resolutions  or have more space between them?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 06:49:08 pm »
Jeez its been to darn long!

Small status update-

Droid - work is ongoing to extend qOrbiter to this, but frankly it sucks balls trying to work it out. It feels like we are close, so lets keep our fingers crossed

The App itself has some things im having problems implementing like
Datagrids - some of the grids come with multiple columns and such that I have not been able to parse properly. Anyone wanna help with this? I can explain more if you stop by irc

Floorplans - Need to add the floorplan devices to Qorbitergenerator.php, as well as come up with a scheme for making sure they are place properly on the floorplans. I suck at math...

Threading - This is an advanced problem that requires joining of the Command_impl thread with the qt thread to enable communication of reloads, router shutting down, etc

once these issues are resolved, dare i say we will have a proper alpha!
golgoj4

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 07:29:49 am »

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 10:58:50 am »
golgoj4's alpha will be a lot more reliable than your alfa.

Nice work by the way, thoroughly looking forward to testing the 'droid version.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »
golgoj4's alpha will be a lot more reliable than your alfa.

Nice work by the way, thoroughly looking forward to testing the 'droid version.

Cheers,
Matt.

screw droid!!! omfg it has been harder to get it running on a droid device than learning how to make Qorbiter!!!!

but seriously, its slowly killing me inside haha. Never the less, im up to the part where im trying to get it to change screens and am trying to figure out what works because...yeah. It has a lotta 'gotchas'.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Purps!

david_a_dawson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:39 am »
screw droid!!! omfg it has been harder to get it running on a droid device than learning how to make Qorbiter!!!!

but seriously, its slowly killing me inside haha. Never the less, im up to the part where im trying to get it to change screens and am trying to figure out what works because...yeah. It has a lotta 'gotchas'.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Purps!

How's this going?  I'd be happy to do some testing for you on android phone or tablet if you're up to that stage/ it'd help.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: QOrbiter: 9-9-9 We're doin' just fine!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:41 am »

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »
Very nice work.

Emanuele

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
We are getting close to some kind of release. That being said, you may notice my annoyance at random tickets relating to qOrbiter. This isnt that I dont care about bugs, its that im focused on the big picture. That picture right now is loading the skins over the network from the core.

David_A_Dawson rewrote a bunch of my code to improve it both logically and functionally. This improvement will let us grab our skins from the core.

So if im gruff, rude, or anything else that ruffles your feathers, Sorry in advance. Its just that im focused on addressing the last major issues so that we can hopefully have something to show off @ scale.

Also, if you were planning to make a skin, what are you waiting for? :P 90% of the functions people use on a daily basis are in there, so lets get going people. So far the most complete skin is mine...which is sad because im writing the backend to the app too. I dont even have screens! We cant complain about the UI if nobody is willing to take a crack at it.

Good Day!
Currahee!
-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: QOrbiter: Updated
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 05:28:28 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQeImzTuzo - running on android

stay tuned.

-golgoj4

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »
I cannot begin to tell you how exciting it is for me to see that video, fantastic stuff. I am however very upset that I am moving house next week, and have just finished decommissioning my LMCE system in preparation for said move, so no system to play with.

I will re-read this thread with regards to testing, I have an HTC Desire HD, an Advent Vega running HC, and an o2 joggler, and will help in any way I can with the testing.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »
I cannot begin to tell you how exciting it is for me to see that video, fantastic stuff. I am however very upset that I am moving house next week, and have just finished decommissioning my LMCE system in preparation for said move, so no system to play with.

I will re-read this thread with regards to testing, I have an HTC Desire HD, an Advent Vega running HC, and an o2 joggler, and will help in any way I can with the testing.

Cheers,
Matt.

As far as testing, i would be nice if people listed the android devices they are running and the hardware so i can have an better idea of how to do a default ui and which versions i need to target. right now its looks like 2.2+ and 3.1

-golgoj4